INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: TV shows ripped from DVD  (Read 1406 times)

steveklein

• Galactic Citizen
TV shows ripped from DVD
« on: April 15, 2009, 07:44:37 pm »

in theater mode, i want to view my tv shows (these are generally .avi files ripped from DVDs, not recorded within MC) by series, then by season, then by date (with the Name of the episode written below the image associated with said file)

when i go into theater mode and click all shows (by series, season), I get the list of series just fine. but when i click through to view all my episodes, of say, Prison Break, it shows the list of episodes by dates, not by season.

imugli

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
TV shows ripped from DVD
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2009, 09:33:15 pm »

in theater mode, i want to view my tv shows (these are generally .avi files ripped from DVDs, not recorded within MC) by series, then by season, then by date (with the Name of the episode written below the image associated with said file)

when i go into theater mode and click all shows (by series, season), I get the list of series just fine. but when i click through to view all my episodes, of say, Prison Break, it shows the list of episodes by dates, not by season.

Not so much a bug, so expect this to be moved.

However, this can be solved by changing the view scheme in Tools > Options > Theater View. You can change the sort order of each menu item and level. I generally name each episode Ep x - Episode name and then simply sort by Name ascending in the episode level. 

steveklein

• Galactic Citizen
Re: TV shows ripped from DVD
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2009, 09:34:37 am »

i still can't get this to behave just the way i want.

this is what i currently have:

in theater view i've got a root item called "Television Shows" with nothing nested below it. i have it set to sort the files by episode # in ascending number. when i surf to "Television Shows" within theater view, i get a list of all my TV series, which i like. then, i click through, to say, prison break. i get a list of the seasons of prison break, which i like. however, when i click the specific season, i get an alphabetical list of the names of the episodes which is not what i want. the first icon is "All Names" which I can click through and see all the episodes in their correct order, with the big picture on the righthand side of the screen, and file info with it if desired. i would like to see this without having to click the "All Names" option. if i don't click the All Names, i also see an alphabetized list of the episodes within the season. is there a way to eliminate this screen and when i click the appropriate season, it goes straight to the list that i want?

imugli

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2009, 10:10:44 pm »

I have the name field start with the episode number.

steveklein

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2009, 10:20:03 pm »

I suppose that would work, but I don't really want that; I like the name field to just be the title of the episode number. I guess it's just semantics, though...

Mr ChriZ

• :-D
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2009, 03:49:52 am »

Make the last expression [Episode] [Name]
That will do what you want.

http://img9.imageshack.us/img9/9158/episodes.png
Pages: [1]   Go Up