INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: steveklein: Theater View reports  (Read 1198 times)

steveklein

• Galactic Citizen
steveklein: Theater View reports
« on: April 15, 2009, 10:50:59 am »

not sure if these are "bugs" but found these behaviors kind of odd in theater view

- when looking at the main menu (of audio/video/images/news/weather/etc) i can hit the right arrow indefinitely and it will keep repainting the menu even when i get to the end of it (when i pass exit and keep hitting the right arrow, it starts over with audio/video/images/television). i like this. however, when hitting the left arrow, it stops when i get to "the beginning" of the menu. not a big deal, but i'm unsure if it is how it was intended.

- also, when using theater view and i go to a playlist and then browse through the songs using the arrow keys (3x3 by cover art), the arrow key works to browse, but if i'm in the far right column and hit the right arrow it displays the file info instead of just browsing to the song on the next row. maybe, this was intended, but it seems a little strange.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: steveklein: Theater View reports
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2009, 11:26:19 am »

- when looking at the main menu (of audio/video/images/news/weather/etc) i can hit the right arrow indefinitely and it will keep repainting the menu even when i get to the end of it (when i pass exit and keep hitting the right arrow, it starts over with audio/video/images/television). i like this. however, when hitting the left arrow, it stops when i get to "the beginning" of the menu. not a big deal, but i'm unsure if it is how it was intended.

There is an anti-repeat mechanism to prevent unintentional rolling in all lists.  If you hold a key down, it should go to the end and stop.  If you wait about a half second and arrow again, it will loop.  If your key repeat time is right on the edge of the limit, you might see slightly inconsistent results.

- also, when using theater view and i go to a playlist and then browse through the songs using the arrow keys (3x3 by cover art), the arrow key works to browse, but if i'm in the far right column and hit the right arrow it displays the file info instead of just browsing to the song on the next row. maybe, this was intended, but it seems a little strange.

This wasn't really an intentional choice, it just worked out that way.  Any other opinions on what would be better -- looping to the next row or going to the file info?
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Chris Shaw

• Galactic Citizen
Re: steveklein: Theater View reports
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2009, 06:41:09 pm »

I'd vote for it to go to the next row. Getting to file info this way seems pointless as it only works on the rightmost column of icons. Going to the next row would make a casual browser less likely to accidentally do something in the file info roller.
Pages: [1]   Go Up