INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Visualization options not showing  (Read 1861 times)

nwnerd

• Recent member
  • Change this by choosing profile
Visualization options not showing
« on: April 19, 2009, 03:30:13 pm »

Okay, I'm confused over this one.  I recently downloaded MJ12 & installed it on 3 machines in the house.  Upon initial install, I have all visualization options under the Now Playing screen, but after I use it for a while those options disappear.  2 of the machines I have installed the Lame mp3 license on & those are the 2 machines that it happens on, the 3rd doesn't have the license & it doesn't seem to be affected.  I've tried uninstalling & reinstalling the app & that works for a while (maybe a couple of hours), then I lose those options again.  I'm not getting any error messages, the options just disappear from the menu.  I'm assuming that it has something to do with the installation of the mp3 license, but can't be sure.  Anyone else run into this?  One machine is running Vista x64, the other is running XP Pro - both fully updated with very recent OS installs (in other words, they're very clean machines).  Any ideas?

marko

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Visualization options not showing
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2009, 03:36:07 pm »

Hmmm...

You know that those options are only available during audio playback?

-marko.

nwnerd

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2009, 03:47:26 pm »

Yup, I try to access the menu while the song is playing & those options are simply not there.  Playing the same files on the 1 pc that isn't affected, they show up fine.  So I'm not sure what's going on.

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2009, 04:13:27 pm »

What is the file format? Visualizations work only with internally decoded formats (= MP3, Ogg Vorbis, Musepack, FLAC, Monkey's Audio aka APE, WMA and uncompressed wave).
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

nwnerd

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2009, 04:49:16 pm »

Perfect, that was the info that I needed.  I didn't realize, but it was working great for mp3 files.  But the file that I was testing was an .m4a file.  I had Defilerpak installed on the 1 pc that it was working on, but not on the other 2.  Installing it on 1 of the 2 pcs fixed it, so it works for all of my music files now.

Thanks!
Pages: [1]   Go Up