INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Playback settings not retained  (Read 1087 times)

lakebilly

• Recent member
Playback settings not retained
« on: April 21, 2009, 04:29:52 am »

First off, I've been using Media Center for about three years and can't say enough good things about it.  It has become my #1 hobby.  My wife likes it too because it has simplified her life.  Between whole house music and video watching it gets used about 20 hours a day.  Keep up the good work!

Ok, on with my problem.  I'm trying to understand the feature that allows playback settings such as crop to be rembemered on a per file (ripped DVD file) basis.  I found the following statement in the wiki so I believe MC has the ability to do this.

"Once you can play video files using Direct Show Filters (see DirectShow Playback Guide) you can then customise how the Video is output to your screen or TV. Media Center lets you tag each video file with a customisable setting by simply right clicking while the video is playing.

You can select settings for aspect ratio, edge crop, zoom, and settings for display for each file. Media Center will then add these settings to the Library (under the field “Playback Info”) that you can then copy to other similar Video files. Media Center will use these settings when the file is played.

The ability to tag the output options for each file (or collection of files) is very useful because a collection of differently formatted Video files will look better with these custom playback settings"

While playing a movie in theater view I can select "crop" or a particular aspect ratio under DVD options but that setting does not remain specific to that file.  Once a setting is changed it affects all files.

For the heck of it I reinstalled the latest version MC 13 and that had no effect.

Any ideas where to begin?

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Dogs of the world unite!
Re: Playback settings not retained
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2009, 07:24:29 am »

Sorry, Playback Info is implemented for video files only, not yet for DVD (including ripped DVDs).
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

lakebilly

• Recent member
Re: Playback settings not retained
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2009, 10:47:16 am »

That explains it. Thanks for the fast reply.   
Pages: [1]   Go Up