INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Removing album art from image library?  (Read 1136 times)

clearplastic

• Recent member
Removing album art from image library?
« on: April 22, 2009, 12:58:32 am »

I just purchased... I'm super excited!

..but I'd like to have ONLY my PHOTOS appear in the image library, not my mp3 library cover art.

Possible?   I think if I'd been smarter, i could have filtered them when I 1st imported the libraries... but its too late now. :)

prod

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Play nice
Re: Removing album art from image library?
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2009, 04:36:17 am »

Hi, yes you can do this, go to the menu Tools, select Options and go to Library & Folders. In there you can set the criteria for what is and what is not imported. To remove the stuff you don't want in the library, simply select it and press delete - then select "Remove from Media Library".

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2009, 05:44:52 am »

You can do as prod said or alternatively decide to keep the album art images in the library and simply configure your standard image views to not show those images.

You can create an additional view that shows only the album art images and even views that show the audio files and album art together. I use that possibility extensively.

You can edit any library view by adding inclusion or exclusion rules: select the view in the tree > right-click > Customize View > Options > Advanced > Set rules for file display...

I just posted a list of my replies that answer various cover art questions and also explain how I use cover art beyond the usual, basic album art system. It is here (and continues in the next reply in that thread). Be prepared that there are lots of reading and not all of it may be useful for you.

EDIT

If you just want to remove the album art images from the library you can use the search feature for finding them. For instance, you can first open an image view and then type the path to the base folder in the search box.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

clearplastic

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2009, 10:30:59 am »

Thanks people!

I ended up filtering them out. (customize view)
Pages: [1]   Go Up