INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC13 on my Netbook with some issues  (Read 1654 times)

Beatnik62

• Junior Woodchuck
  • I like music ...
MC13 on my Netbook with some issues
« on: April 22, 2009, 01:28:15 am »

Currently I'm playing around with MC 13 and my new netbook. In princible it's working, but the screen has only a size of 1024x600 pixel. My problem is the option dialog, it's hard to click the dialog button. Please could you change the size of the dialog to less than 600 pixel in high ? Let say 560 pixel ? Thanks.

Click on the picture to zoom in

The second issue I have is importing the coverart of my MP3's. I've stored the coverart in the same folder as the MP3 files. The format of the picture is .jpg and the name follow the rule [artist] - [album]. Example : "The Beatles - Help.jpg". In MC12 it was working well. When I import a new album MC 12 was detecting the coverart and MP3's and combined those files in the library together. MC13 dosn't do so. It put the MP3 files without a relationship to coverart file in to the library and I have to build this relationship manually. Is it just that I missed a change in the options of MC 13 ? Can somebody help me ?

Beatnik

)p(

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: MC13 on my Netbook with some issues
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2009, 02:22:45 am »

On my even smaller n800 screen I maximize the options window then it fills the screen correctly.

peter

MrC

• Your life is short. Give me your money.
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2009, 05:21:23 am »

Scrollbars, anyone?  Resizable dialogs!  So many ways to win.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

Beatnik62

• Junior Woodchuck
  • I like music ...
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2009, 06:00:04 am »

Scrollbars, anyone?  Resizable dialogs!  So many ways to win.

Scrollbars ... hm ... to scrolling the dialog window on top of the main window around ? ... nice idea but never seen before. Resizable dialog ... good point ... the option dialog is resizeable, but I can only enlarge him. The problem is the OK, Cancel and so on button on the bottom margin of the options dialog. They are difficult to reach, please see my screenshot.

@peter
I will try your hint when I'm back at home. Thanks.

Beatnik

MrC

• Your life is short. Give me your money.
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2009, 06:24:37 am »

Scrollbars ... hm ... to scrolling the dialog window on top of the main window around ? ... nice idea but never seen before.

I meant the dialog's content area, but that wouldn't help you here.

Quote from: Beatnik62
Resizable dialog ... good point ... the option dialog is resizeable, but I can only enlarge him. The problem is the OK, Cancel and so on button on the bottom margin of the options dialog. They are difficult to reach, please see my screenshot.
Right, just partly resizeable.  It needs to be completely resizeable, and then pickup the first point above.

As a workaround, Right click the option's titlebar, and select Move.  Then use your arrow keys to move the dialog North.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2009, 10:30:32 am »

Currently I'm playing around with MC 13 and my new netbook. In princible it's working, but the screen has only a size of 1024x600 pixel. My problem is the option dialog, it's hard to click the dialog button. Please could you change the size of the dialog to less than 600 pixel in high ? Let say 560 pixel ? Thanks.

This happens to me on my ASUS 1000H too.  The problem is NOT isolated to MC though.  Many applications assume a minimum resolution of 1024x768 anymore.  For example, just try importing pictures using Adobe Lightroom on a netbook.

In the most recent Valve hardware survery (checking the installed base of all users of Valve's Steam system), the install base of users below 1024x768 (most at 800x600) was < 0.7%.  Some older but broader "internet users" surveys pegged the number at less than 4% total (and that includes netbook users).

The root of the problem is that they need to get the resolution on netbooks up one "notch" to 1280x720 with some higher density displays.  That would provide sufficient resolution, and would also allow true playback of 720p video (assuming you put a better GPU on the motherboard as well).
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

Beatnik62

• Junior Woodchuck
  • I like music ...
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2009, 12:30:07 am »

On my even smaller n800 screen I maximize the options window then it fills the screen correctly.

peter

Yeah, this workaround is the solution for such small screen resulotions. Thanks Peter.

The root of the problem is that they need to get the resolution on netbooks up one "notch" to 1280x720 with some higher density displays.  That would provide sufficient resolution, and would also allow true playback of 720p video (assuming you put a better GPU on the motherboard as well).

That's true and it seems that the manufactures see this too. The Dell Inspiron  Mini 12 deliver allready such a resolution of 1280x800.

However, can someone help me with my second problem described in the first post ?

The second issue I have is importing the coverart of my MP3's. I've stored the coverart in the same folder as the MP3 files. The format of the picture is .jpg and the name follow the rule [artist] - [album]. Example : "The Beatles - Help.jpg". In MC12 it was working well. When I import a new album, MC 12 was detecting the coverart and MP3's and combined those files in the library together. MC13 dosn't do so. It put the MP3 files without a relationship to coverart file in to the library and I have to build this relationship manually. Is it just that I missed a change in the options of MC 13 ? Can somebody help me ?

Beatnik
Pages: [1]   Go Up