INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: vgaoem.fon missing  (Read 2048 times)

morganlefay

vgaoem.fon missing
« on: April 22, 2009, 09:56:16 am »

Brand new install of the Media centre on new XP Pro SP 3 machine ...has crashed a system ....am now using the repair console to fix

Is this normal....

is there a list of hardware..and or system requirements for your software??

M

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: vgaoem.fon missing
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2009, 09:08:27 am »

I think you may have a system problem.  A system crash can really only be caused by hardware.

Media Center has very modest system requirements.  Theater View and high-definition video require a little more horsepower.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

morganlefay

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2009, 02:58:12 pm »

MC theatre view froze the system to the point of hard restart corrupting the windows video file

I am wondering if it is conflicting with antivirus, or other media players installed on the machine such as Power DVD?? Media Monkey, ITunes etc???

The system has been reimaged and we are going to try again.....

M

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2009, 03:00:42 pm »

MC could not corrupt Windows.

Problems with Theater View are probably related to the driver for the video hardware.  You could try updating it, but older hardware may not do 3D.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2009, 01:06:37 pm »

We've recently found that updating Microsoft's DirectX may solve a related problem with Theater View.

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=51778.0

morganlefay

« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2009, 02:55:59 pm »

OK....just to update this issue.

we reinstalled the machine due to the original crash, partitioned the mirrored 1TB  drives.... 100g for the system 900g for the data one as not to have to copy 600 gigs of music data again...if it crashed. Made sure all updates were applied. The machine ran flawlessly for..a month ...until user downloads version 12 jukebox. Machine works....then next day has become unresponsive...user hard starts the machine(same as last time)...the machine will not boot into XP SP3 all updates and of course is then brought back to me.

The machine is in a restart loop....goes to load xp and restarts, try safe mode with networking...same problem. Try Safe mode not network...it boots.

Uninstall jriver jukebox 12 and restart into regular mode........voila system is back to normal.

If this is a hardware issue...........there is obviously some issue with this hardware, chipset, drivers and or all of it

Gigabyte EG45M-DS2H MB
Intel Core 2 Duo Eb400 3.0 GHz 1333 MHz FSB
4g Kingston PC 6400 DDR2 Ram
2x WD Caviar Green 1TB, 7200 SATA
Lynx AES16e PCI-Express.

as stated once your software was removed......the machine again was back to normal.

Other media software on the machine  Itunes, and media monkey.

Just for your information......

M

Pages: [1]   Go Up