INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Does MC13 work with the new Gyation Remote with LDC?  (Read 1270 times)

MrHaugen

• Citizen of the Universe
Does MC13 work with the new Gyation Remote with LDC?
« on: May 01, 2009, 10:50:54 am »

I've been very very pleased with my original Gyration remote so far, but there is a new one (GYR4101CKUS) on the market now, wich can show some library information. It's said that it works with at lease iTunes, Window Media Player and Window MC. Anyone tried this yet? If there is no support now, would it be possible to add it? It's a Windows MC remote, wich there have been added more and more functions for lately, and this is probably a thing that will be adapted to more and more remotes in the future.

I'd love to see what's playing now, and I'd be super thrilled if you could see the tracks rating, and this way change the rating with a remote shortcut!
- I may not always believe what I'm saying

SeaDrive

• World Citizen
Re: Does MC13 work with the new Gyation Remote with LDC?
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2009, 01:08:30 pm »

I tried the new remote also and couldn't get it to work. The software installs a DLL file that interfaces with iTunes, WMC or MCE. I was hoping to find a config or XML file to alter but no luck. I would also like to have this feature.

Of course currently I use Netremote on an iPaq handheld and have a hard time using any other remote. Since te iPaq is 802.11 wireless the coverage both indoors and outdoors is far better than any RF remote.

MrHaugen

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Does MC13 work with the new Gyation Remote with LDC?
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2009, 11:14:41 am »

I agree. Wifi beats RF with a good margin, but theres unfortunately few remotes that support it today. Except from those super expensive models, and various smartphones as you mentioned.
Tinkering with the Remotes program it self would most probably go against some copyright, but adjusting MC13 to act like Windows MC might be possible. Anybody have some thought about this? Would have been a cool feature.
- I may not always believe what I'm saying
Pages: [1]   Go Up