INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Truoble moving music files around.  (Read 1098 times)

media collector

Truoble moving music files around.
« on: April 29, 2009, 06:57:01 am »

Hello to all.I've been using Jukebox 12 for a few months and think it's really first class software. As a newbie, i'm still learning as i go, so i,m sorry if this topic has been raised before or is dealt with in the help section. I was importing a folder containing about a thousand  MP3 music files into Jukebox 12. For some unknown reason, 12 auto created a title  called  Multiple Artists and auto lodged hundreds of music files under this heading. As it stands now, i've got two separate music groupings (A to Z), in my library instead of one main one. Is there a way of moving the files from the not wanted Multiple Artists cluster, and returning them back to the main layout. Would be most grateful for any help on this matter, Regards media collector.

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • The Cosmic Bird
Re: Truoble moving music files around.
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2009, 05:09:38 am »

I assume that you are speaking file organization inside the user interface. It is only partly related to the physical file organization.

The (multiple artists) value you are seeing is the automatically created value for the "Album Artist (auto)" field when an album is detected to have more than one "Artist" field value. The system is very clever and useful, but in order to use it smoothly you may need to adjust your tags and file organization to match the predifined rules.

This old thread provides some good info about the automatic album artist system: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=33255.0 (MC and MJ work in a similar way.)
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

media collector

Re: Truoble moving music files around.Reply(10 - 5 - 2009)
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2009, 07:26:26 am »

Hello Alex B, Thank you very much for your response to my enquiry. I think you may have pointed me in the right direction to organise my music files correctly. I need to do more reserch into tagging,and the "Multiple Artists" thing. Thanks for the link as well.As i said earlier, this is one heck of a fantastic program, and i'm really enjoying using it. What fascinates me, is that in many respects, it's so easy and intuitve to use, but at the same time it can be in some ways complex an detailed. To appreciate and understand  the program correctly, i think there's a fair learning curve involved. Anyway, i'll do more research, and follow through later on. Many Thanks, Greg (media collector)
Pages: [1]   Go Up