INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How to tag multiple artists for one song ?  (Read 1406 times)

zebignasty

• Recent member
How to tag multiple artists for one song ?
« on: April 30, 2009, 08:15:41 am »

Hello everibody, How to tag multiple artists for one song ?
For example, i have a music with 2 authors (Hanz Zimmer & John Powell). If to tag theses in the "artist tag" like "Hanz Zimmer & John Powell", Media jukebox condier this like one artist.
How to do to jukebox consider theses as Two differents artist.

Is thispossible : right click on another album of ZImmer, --> locate artist --> then appear all albums of zimmer, but also the albums with John powell" ?

Excuse me for my bad english. Thansk in advance.

darichman

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: How to tag multiple artists for one song ?
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2009, 08:34:22 am »

You're out of luck, I'm afraid. The developers have locked the [Artist] field as a string (not a list) which means it can't contain multiple entries.

There is a workaround, but it's a bit painful. You can create a custom field (Tools > Options > Library/Folder > Manage Library Fields > Add New Field), call it "Artists" and set it as a list (semicolon delimited).

Once you've done that, you can select all of your music and do a move/copy fields (Right click > Library Tools > Move/Copy Fields) to copy [Artist] to [Artists].
You can then Find & Replace (Right click > Library Tools > Find and Replace), select your new [Artists] field and replace " & " with ";"

The semicolon ( ; ) acts as a delimiter to separate items in the list. You can then use this Artists field in panes, views, searches etc. This does mean you're setting yourself up to maintain two artist fields, however...

Did I mention it was painful? ;)

PS: Welcome to the forums :)

zebignasty

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2009, 12:19:06 pm »

Awwsnif, but thanks you for your fast answer.
Hmm, can I create a "macro" in media jukebox that will do move the "artist" field of my new songs to the "artists" field ?
Thank you  :)

dcwebman

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2009, 08:03:19 am »

There's no macro that I'm aware of and I use the same method that darichman described. It's not that big a deal because after you add your new songs, you'll probably want to do some various things like making sure the songs are analyzed, adding lyrics, etc. The Move/Copy is just one step.
Jeff
Pages: [1]   Go Up