INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 ... 21   Go Down

Author Topic: MC iTunes Synchronizer (using MC with an iPhone or iPod Touch) [v6.0.2]  (Read 462067 times)

prod

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Play nice
Re: MC iTunes Synchronizer (using MC with an iPhone or iPod Touch) [v5.6]
« Reply #650 on: October 16, 2010, 05:01:30 am »

MCiS doesn't look for a specific library unless you tell it to with the /LibraryName argument. For this, it retrieves library information from the MC registry settings ... HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\JRiver\Media Center <VERSION>\Properties\Libraries. If /LibraryName isn't specified, the currently loaded library is used.

You could load MC with your admin account and point it at the same library you use with the standard account ... then it should show up when you run as administrator. Bit messy I know, but should get it working for the timebeing at least.

As a cautionary note - always backup your library before you leap in with both feet. :)

winniew

• World Citizen
« Reply #651 on: October 16, 2010, 11:13:36 am »

Prod,
when I tried to follow your advice I noticed that, with a backup of my "normal" library for the admin account, it also doesn't work!

My conclusion:
My problem are not user-rights (admin/normal user). My problem is my library!

With a new library (from scratch, no restore of my normal lib) MCiS works OK.

What is wrong with my library that I get the error: "An error occurred filling the playlist tree. Try loading MC manually first"?

I could PM you the Library-backup-file (about 10 MB).

Thanks
Winnie

prod

• Play nice
« Reply #652 on: October 16, 2010, 12:29:24 pm »

Hmm! That's unexpected ... send me your backup file I'll have a look.

prod

• Play nice
« Reply #653 on: October 17, 2010, 08:30:17 am »

What is wrong with my library that I get the error: "An error occurred filling the playlist tree. Try loading MC manually first"?

Hi Winnie

I've had a look at your library and found the problem... you have two playlists in the same place called "Top Hits" (one is a playlist, the other a smartlist). This should not be possible, I'm not sure how this has happened - MC should disallow it.

Anyway, if you delete one of those playlists (I'm guessing you want to keep the smartlist), everything should work fine. I will allow for this in the next version of MCiS, should it ever happen again - MCiS is expecting unique values for the combinations of playlist paths and names, hence the reported error.

winniew

• World Citizen
« Reply #654 on: October 17, 2010, 09:13:20 am »

Hi prod,
wow, thank you for your quick analysis.
I can't understand how it happened, but I use my library since early times of MC...
Anyway, now it works.

Thank you again (and sorry for misleading you to userrights),

Winnie

prod

• Play nice
Re: MC iTunes Synchronizer (using MC with an iPhone or iPod Touch) [v6.0]
« Reply #655 on: November 20, 2010, 09:54:09 am »

v6.0

• Added: Remove Tracks option in right-click playlist tree menu - removes all tracks in that MC playlist from the iTunes library
  • Added: /ExportAggregatesOnlyFrom:MC and /ExportAggregatesOnlyFrom:iTunes command line options will export any selected aggregatable tags (e.g. Rating, Last Played) from the specified application rather than aggregating them. /ExportAggregatesOnlyFrom:MC replaces the now defunct /NoAggregate argument.
  • Fixed: Allows for duplicate playlist names in MC library

prod

• Play nice
« Reply #656 on: November 20, 2010, 11:52:21 am »

v6.0

• Added: Remove Tracks option in right-click playlist tree menu - removes all tracks in that MC playlist from the iTunes library
  • Added: /ExportAggregatesOnlyFrom:MC and /ExportAggregatesOnlyFrom:iTunes command line options will export any selected aggregatable tags (e.g. Rating, Last Played) from the specified application rather than aggregating them. /ExportAggregatesOnlyFrom:MC replaces the now defunct /NoAggregate argument.
  • Fixed: Allows for duplicate playlist names in MC library

Forgot to mention, the title of the group box containing the aggregatable fields (Rating, etc) now changes according to whether and how /ExportAggregatesOnlyFrom is specified.

mesue

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #657 on: November 21, 2010, 08:31:59 pm »

Forgot to mention, the title of the group box containing the aggregatable fields (Rating, etc) now changes according to whether and how /ExportAggregatesOnlyFrom is specified.

The title does not change for me with /ExportAggregatesOnlyFrom:iTunes in the command line.
Sue

prod

• Play nice
« Reply #658 on: November 22, 2010, 01:25:38 am »

Try downloading the release again ... There was a slight mix-up in builds, one had this feature, the other didn't.

mesue

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #659 on: November 22, 2010, 10:13:49 am »

Try downloading the release again ... There was a slight mix-up in builds, one had this feature, the other didn't.
Okay, working now... and thanks!
Sue

broncodan

• World Citizen
« Reply #660 on: November 26, 2010, 07:36:27 pm »

I keep gettting an unsuccessful sync using version 6.0, itunes 10.1, media center 15 (current version):

Here are parts of the log:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<MCiS Version="6.0.0.0" StartDateTime="2010-11-26T15:07:44" Options="FFC0B80000CBEC27">
  <SyncFileTypes>
    <FileType>MP3</FileType>
    <FileType>WAV</FileType>
    <FileType>M4A</FileType>
  </SyncFileTypes>
  <ImportFileTypes>
    <FileType>MP3</FileType>
    <FileType>WAV</FileType>
    <FileType>M4A</FileType>
  </ImportFileTypes>
  <ExportPlaylists iTunesPlaylistFolder="MC Playlists">
    <Playlist Rebuild="False" Shuffle="False" RemoveTracks="False">-Final Lists\Preferred Listening Genre No Dupes Final</Playlist>
  </ExportPlaylists>
  <Expressions>
    <Expression Field="Name">[Name]</Expression>
    <Expression Field="Artist">[Artist]</Expression>
    <Expression Field="Album">[Album]</Expression>
    <Expression Field="Album Artist">[Album Artist]</Expression>
    <Expression Field="Comment">[Comment]</Expression>
    <Expression Field="Composer">[Composer]</Expression>
    <Expression Field="Description">[Description]</Expression>
    <Expression Field="Disc #">[Disc #]</Expression>
    <Expression Field="Track #">[Track #]</Expression>
    <Expression Field="Genre">[Genre]</Expression>
    <Expression Field="Grouping">[Grouping]</Expression>
    <Expression Field="Lyrics">[Lyrics]</Expression>
    <Expression Field="Year">[Year]</Expression>
    <Expression Field="Mix Album">[Mix Album]</Expression>
    <Expression Field="BPM">[BPM]</Expression>
    <Expression Field="Sort Name">Clean(Replace(Replace([Name],/(),/)),2)</Expression>
    <Expression Field="Sort Artist">Clean([Artist],2)</Expression>
    <Expression Field="Sort Album Artist">Clean([Album Artist (auto)],2)</Expression>
    <Expression Field="Sort Album">Clean([Album],2) - Clean([Album Artist (auto)],2)</Expression>
    <Expression Field="Sort Composer">Clean([Composer],2)</Expression>

And the error:

FileNotFound Pathname="F:\iTunes\iTunes Music\Podcasts\Coverville_ The Cover Music Podcast (AAC\691 Coverville 691_ Soulville with O.m4a" />
  <FileNotFound Pathname="F:\iTunes\iTunes Music\Podcasts\Coverville_ The Cover Music Podcast (AAC\Who Did It Better #27_ Versions of t.mp3" />
  <FileNotFound Pathname="F:\iTunes\iTunes Music\Books\Arthur Conan Doyle\The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes.epub" />
  <FileNotFound Pathname="F:\iTunes\iTunes Music\Books\Sun Tzu\The Art of War.epub" />
  <FileNotFound Pathname="F:\iTunes\iTunes Music\Books\551 BC-479 BC Confucius\The Sayings Of Confucius.epub" />
  <FileNotFound Pathname="F:\iTunes\iTunes Music\Books\MobileReference\FREE Weights and Measures Study Gui.epub" />
  <FileNotFound Pathname="F:\iTunes\iTunes Music\Podcasts\The Adam Carolla Show\Adam Carolla Show_ Football w_ David.mp3" />
  <FileNotFound Pathname="F:\iTunes\iTunes Music\Podcasts\The Adam Carolla Show\Adam Carolla Show_ Ed &amp; Matt Asner.mp3" />
  <FileNotFound Pathname="F:\iTunes\iTunes Music\Podcasts\The Adam Carolla Show\Adam Carolla Show_ ACE Sampler.mp3" />
  <Result EndDateTime="2010-11-26T16:02:54">Object reference not set to an instance of an object.</Result>
</MCiS>

Not sure if it has something to do with podcasts or not but I don't need those synced.... 

Any thoughts?

broncodan

• World Citizen
« Reply #661 on: November 26, 2010, 07:36:45 pm »

duplicate post deleted.

prod

• Play nice
« Reply #662 on: November 27, 2010, 04:31:06 am »

Any idea of the stage at which the sync stops?

Try unchecking "Remove broken links in iTunes" and "Import files to iTunes of types" in the settings to see if it's either of those processes. Then try unchecking "Synchronize MC playlist to iTunes playlist folder" in the main screen. That might narrow your issue down.

broncodan

• World Citizen
« Reply #663 on: November 27, 2010, 05:03:04 pm »

Okay - so I did it like you said - turning off one thing at a time - I finally got a success after I unchecked import files to itunes - so now how do I figure out what file/files is stopping the process?  Let me know what you need me to do.  Thanks.

prod

• Play nice
« Reply #664 on: November 28, 2010, 04:25:22 am »

Looks like iTunes doesn't like one of the files in your MC library. This is a difficult one because files aren't imported into iTunes one by one - for speed the files are imported in a batch. I would suggest trying to work out which tracks exist in MC that don't exist in iTunes. You could put all your iTunes tracks in a playlist called "On-The-Go" and sync it back to MC, then make a comparison to see what's trying to be imported.

I'll see if I can handle this more gracefully in the next version.

broncodan

• World Citizen
« Reply #665 on: November 29, 2010, 05:22:22 pm »

Hi Prod,

I tried what you suggested with little luck - kind of tough with a library of greater than 70k files.  I did end up comparing MC with Itunes in what has been imported/added over the last 4 months.  It is weird becasue it appears that all the files that have been recently added to MC have been added to itunes - so I am not sure where to go from here?  Any suggestions - as it looks like everything is okay - but MCiS halts somewhere in the adding files process.  I feel that it may be related to either podcasts that are in itunes or books in itunes that are not in MC that may be causing issues with the sync?

prod

• Play nice
« Reply #666 on: November 30, 2010, 11:48:03 am »

The offending track(s) would be in MC but NOT in iTunes - otherwise MCiS wouldn't try to add them to iTunes.

So, if you;

• Create a playlist called On-The-Go in iTunes
  • Put your whole iTunes library in it
  • Let MCiS sync the playlist over to MC (let's call this playlist X)
  • Create a playlist in MC (call it playlist Y)
  • Put your whole MC library into playlist Y
  • Create a smartlist in MC that shows everything in playlist Y that isn't in playlist X

You can also eliminate anything in playlist Y that doesn't have a file type of MP3, WAV or M4A (according to your settings).

In that final smartlist you'll have a list of tracks that MCiS will try to import into iTunes. One or some or all of them may be causing the problem.

chromathegreat

• Recent member
« Reply #667 on: December 02, 2010, 01:29:03 am »

So far, I am loving this  ;D

Question:
I am in the process of moving from Itunes to MC15.  I moved all my audio files into MC15, and I can get the sync to work fine, but is there any way to preserve my Itunes playlists?  I get how to duplicate the smartlists that are based on ratings, but when it's a random collection of songs, I'm a bit lost.  I don't really know a lot about tags and expressions and whatnot, so any help you could give me would be greatly appreciated.

I'm hoping that, assuming this all goes according to plan, I will just be able to sync my ipod with MC15 and only use Itunes for my Iphone.  Does that seem to work, or are there other compatibility issues I'm not aware of?

Thanks,

--Andrew

prod

• Play nice
« Reply #668 on: December 02, 2010, 03:41:10 am »

Hi Andrew

So far, I am loving this  ;D

Great stuff :)

is there any way to preserve my Itunes playlists?

Yes there is, but it's more of a trick than a purposeful feature ... If you rename your iTunes playlists On-The-Go 1, On-The-Go 2, etc and make sure they are in the root iTunes Playlists folder. Check "Synchronize On-The-Go playlists from iTunes to MC" in MCiS and it will copy those playlists across to MC.

I realise that the later iOS's allow you to call custom playlists whatever you like, in the past they were all called "On-The-Go x". I've not come up with a great idea yet to allow for this. If anyone has any ideas please don't hesitate to share.

I'm hoping that, assuming this all goes according to plan, I will just be able to sync my ipod with MC15 and only use Itunes for my Iphone.  Does that seem to work, or are there other compatibility issues I'm not aware of?

Yes that works, that's exactly the reason I wrote it in the first place!

Cheers, let me know if you have any problems.

chromathegreat

• Recent member
« Reply #669 on: December 02, 2010, 09:58:39 am »

Thanks, that took care of it!

-Andrew

jd7744

• Recent member
« Reply #670 on: January 09, 2011, 07:17:45 pm »

Prod,
I've just started with MCiS and thank you for all the work. Unfortunately, I can't seem to get it to load files into iTunes or the created playlist. I created a 1 album db of flac files in MC 14 with 1 corresponding playlist to sync (I have MC 15 as well with the entire liberary), emptied iTunes and set MC to convert my flac to Apple Lossless files using an external encoderer (dbpoweramp). MC syncs fine and created the m4a files in the right directory and both the m4a and the flac files have identical iTunesFileKeys (the flac file shows "[Filename(path)]01 Ain't Wastin' Time No More.m4a" and the m4a file shows "[Filename(path)]01 Ain't Wastin' Time No More.m4a"). I run MCiS to sync with the settings exactly as recommended in the Zxsix pdf.
I get the following:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<MCiS Version="5.5.5.0" StartDateTime="2011-01-09T11:44:00" Options="FFE139418083E000">
  <SyncFileTypes>
    <FileType>M4A</FileType>
    <FileType>FLAC</FileType>
  </SyncFileTypes>
  <ImportFileTypes>
    <FileType>M4A</FileType>
  </ImportFileTypes>
  <ExportPlaylists iTunesPlaylistFolder="&lt;root&gt;">
    <Playlist Rebuild="False" Shuffle="False">Smartlists\Allman Test</Playlist>
  </ExportPlaylists>
  <Expressions>
    <Expression Field="Name">[Name]</Expression>
    <Expression Field="Artist">[Artist]</Expression>
    <Expression Field="Album">[Album]</Expression>
    <Expression Field="Album Artist">[Album Artist]</Expression>
    <Expression Field="Comment">[Comment]</Expression>
    <Expression Field="Composer">[Composer]</Expression>
    <Expression Field="Description">[Description]</Expression>
    <Expression Field="Disc #">[Disc #]</Expression>
    <Expression Field="Track #">[Track #]</Expression>
    <Expression Field="Genre">[Genre]</Expression>
    <Expression Field="Grouping">[Grouping]</Expression>
    <Expression Field="Lyrics">[Lyrics]</Expression>
    <Expression Field="Year">[Year]</Expression>
    <Expression Field="Mix Album">[Mix Album]</Expression>
    <Expression Field="BPM">[BPM]</Expression>
    <Expression Field="Sort Name">Clean(Replace(Replace([Name],/(),/)),2)</Expression>
    <Expression Field="Sort Artist">Clean([Artist],2)</Expression>
    <Expression Field="Sort Album Artist">Clean([Album Artist (auto)],2)</Expression>
    <Expression Field="Sort Album">Clean([Album],2) - Clean([Album Artist (auto)],2)</Expression>
    <Expression Field="Sort Composer">Clean([Composer],2)</Expression>
  </Expressions>
  <MC Version="14.0.165" LibraryName="Default (1)" LibraryPath="C:\Users\XXXXJD\AppData\Roaming\J River\Media Center 14\Library\" />
  <iTunes Version="10.1.1.4" />
  <FileKeyWarning FileKey="[Filename(path)]01 Ain't Wastin' Time No More.m4a">iTunesFileKey entry does not exist on disk</FileKeyWarning>
  <FileKeyWarning FileKey="[Filename(path)]02 Les Brers in A Minor.m4a">iTunesFileKey entry does not exist on disk</FileKeyWarning>
  <FileKeyWarning FileKey="[Filename(path)]03 Melissa.m4a">iTunesFileKey entry does not exist on disk</FileKeyWarning>
  <FileKeyWarning FileKey="[Filename(path)]04 Mountain Jam.m4a">iTunesFileKey entry does not exist on disk</FileKeyWarning>
  <FileKeyWarning FileKey="[Filename(path)]05 One Way Out.m4a">iTunesFileKey entry does not exist on disk</FileKeyWarning>
  <FileKeyWarning FileKey="[Filename(path)]06 Trouble No More.m4a">iTunesFileKey entry does not exist on disk</FileKeyWarning>
  <FileKeyWarning FileKey="[Filename(path)]07 Stand Back.m4a">iTunesFileKey entry does not exist on disk</FileKeyWarning>
  <FileKeyWarning FileKey="[Filename(path)]08 Blue Sky.m4a">iTunesFileKey entry does not exist on disk</FileKeyWarning>

<ImportToiTunes Filename="[Filename(path)]01 Ain't Wastin' Time No More.m4a">Unsuccessful</ImportToiTunes>
  <ImportToiTunes Filename="[Filename(path)]02 Les Brers in A Minor.m4a">Unsuccessful</ImportToiTunes>
  <ImportToiTunes Filename="[Filename(path)]03 Melissa.m4a">Unsuccessful</ImportToiTunes>
  <ImportToiTunes Filename="[Filename(path)]04 Mountain Jam.m4a">Unsuccessful</ImportToiTunes>
  <ImportToiTunes Filename="[Filename(path)]05 One Way Out.m4a">Unsuccessful</ImportToiTunes>
  <ImportToiTunes Filename="[Filename(path)]06 Trouble No More.m4a">Unsuccessful</ImportToiTunes>
  <ImportToiTunes Filename="[Filename(path)]07 Stand Back.m4a">Unsuccessful</ImportToiTunes>
  <ImportToiTunes Filename="[Filename(path)]08 Blue Sky.m4a">Unsuccessful</ImportToiTunes>
  <Result EndDateTime="2011-01-09T11:44:01" Analyzed="63" Synchronized="0" Imported="0" Removed="0">Successful</Result>
</MCiS>
</MCiS>

Nothing is imported to iTunes and while the playlist is created it has no files in it. I thought this problem was similar to Makersjam's post but MCis starts iTunes so it appears to be registered correctly (it is in the x86 directory though). I tried importing the folder into iTunes and re-running MCis but nothing happened after that either. I suspect there's something simple I'm missing but haven't figured it out. Any ideas?
Thanks,
JD

prod

• Play nice
« Reply #671 on: January 10, 2011, 07:40:06 am »

Hi JD ... there's a typo in your iTunesFileKey calculation field in MC; you need to change [Filename(path)] to [Filename (path)] (there should be a space between Filename and (path))

prod

• Play nice
« Reply #672 on: January 10, 2011, 07:47:42 am »

JD, I also recommend you upgrade from MCiS 5.5.5 - iTunes 10 changed the way dates are processed (affecting non-GMT users), this was fixed in 5.6 onwards.

jd7744

• Recent member
« Reply #673 on: January 10, 2011, 09:03:59 am »

Prod,
Thanks I'll try it out later today. The simple things always get us...or me at least!
JD

jd7744

• Recent member
« Reply #674 on: January 11, 2011, 05:57:02 am »

Prod,
I kneel at your alter! I have almost 8000 flac songs rated and I can finally get them into iTunes/iPods with their quality and ratings retained. We all thank Steve Jobs for bringing us easy, transportable access to high quality music (though not all exploit the quality) but the iTunes architecture doesn't meet the same standards for flexibility or quality of music reproduction. JRiver, EAC, Dbpoweramp and other programs let us retain and reporduce the quality to feed high quality music systems but Apple products still rule in transportable media. At least for me the Synchronized now solves a major problem of bridging the gap. Thanks.

One note on the Zxsix guide - on the synchronizer setup page under the "sync to iTunes for file type" it shows "flac;mp3". When i include flac there the synchronizer seems to try to use my flac files and takes a while to sift through each and I guess figure out they can't be used. I changed it to m4a (in my case) and it flew through the process.

JD

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #676 on: January 24, 2011, 01:56:33 pm »

Hi prod, any more thoughts on using the stacked MP3 for syncing lossless libraries?
JRiver CEO Elect

prod

• Play nice
« Reply #677 on: January 25, 2011, 01:34:26 am »

If the MC SDK had some stack functionality then perhaps it'd be feasible, but currently I can't say to MC "give me the stacks for this item" - otherwise yeah it'd be a good way of doing it.

fleetz

• Recent member
« Reply #678 on: January 29, 2011, 09:07:57 pm »

Hi

I am still evaluating MC15 and the learning curve has been steep The forum has helped immensly.

Currently I am trying to make sense of MC > iPhone and how it all works or doesn't as the case may be.

I would like to use MC15 to do all my music file management and only use iTunes as the facilitator of syncing my MC15 music/playlists to the iPhone. That said can I assume that if I eventually remove all the music in the iTune libaray to the MC15 library this would make good operational sense? To me having only one active library is less confusing.

Could someone inform me what file extensions are supported in MC15 and iTunes that allow for transfer to my iPhone. I have a mix currently of mp3, m4a, and ape. I need to understand from the get go what file form I should be working in so I don't have ant surprises when it comes to transfer the music I want in MC15 to my iPhone.

There seems to me to be a lot of confusing information here relating to work arounds etc, if I am going to go the MC15 path I want to know that if I select "Export to iTunes & iPhone" that it just works. It that the current case with version 15.0.172 which is what I am evaluating at the moment?

Finally is there a definitive current how to wiki or instruction that relate to the current version of MC15? It would be great to have what works with what and how to in a step by step instruction set.

I ham hell bent on getting off iTunes other than syncing info and applications and help in clarifying the above will greatly assist me in better understanding how MC15 and iPhone work together.

Thanks and regards,

Fleetz

jack wallstreet

« Reply #679 on: March 05, 2011, 04:21:03 pm »

Am I correct in assuming MCiS isn't quite ready for MC16?

If so, is there a workaround and/or will an update soon be coming?
John

Magic_Randy

• MC Beta Team
  • I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not so sure..
« Reply #680 on: March 05, 2011, 04:34:37 pm »

Am I correct in assuming MCiS isn't quite ready for MC16?

If so, is there a workaround and/or will an update soon be coming?

MCiS works just fine with MC16.

jack wallstreet

« Reply #681 on: March 05, 2011, 05:06:04 pm »

MCiS works just fine with MC16.

I would love some advice then.  I have uninstalled mc15 and have mc16 installed.  I get a sync failure and it asks me to load MC manually.  I run MC16 and keep it running and then rerun MCiS and get a failure.  The MCiS log says:

<Result EndDateTime="2011-03-05T16:00:15">Could not access J River Media Center. Retrieving the COM class factory for component with CLSID {572802D5-FBF6-4C30-89CA-BDF2CE4AEC2B} failed due to the following error: 80040154.</Result>
John

Magic_Randy

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #682 on: March 05, 2011, 05:50:42 pm »

I would love some advice then.  I have uninstalled mc15 and have mc16 installed.  I get a sync failure and it asks me to load MC manually.  I run MC16 and keep it running and then rerun MCiS and get a failure.  The MCiS log says:

<Result EndDateTime="2011-03-05T16:00:15">Could not access J River Media Center. Retrieving the COM class factory for component with CLSID {572802D5-FBF6-4C30-89CA-BDF2CE4AEC2B} failed due to the following error: 80040154.</Result>

I think I know what to do.

Install MC16 again, use the latest version if you are not current. Even if you are current, install it again anyway. I think this fixes the problem.

jack wallstreet

« Reply #683 on: March 05, 2011, 09:35:29 pm »

I think I know what to do.

Install MC16 again, use the latest version if you are not current. Even if you are current, install it again anyway. I think this fixes the problem.

That worked.  Reinstalling MC16 caused MCiS to then see the MC16 library.  Thank you!
John

Magic_Randy

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #684 on: March 05, 2011, 11:21:07 pm »

That worked.  Reinstalling MC16 caused MCiS to then see the MC16 library.  Thank you!

Glad it worked.

chromathegreat

• Recent member
« Reply #685 on: April 20, 2011, 09:14:27 am »

I can't seem to figure out how to purchase this.  When i go to the webpage, i can't click on the "buy" button. Anyone else having this issue?

--Andrew

prod

• Play nice

chromathegreat

• Recent member
« Reply #687 on: April 25, 2011, 11:37:18 pm »

Thanks, that worked :)

jroyale

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #688 on: May 04, 2011, 11:48:02 am »

Long post so having tough time finding what I need.

I will effectively just be using this to import music into itunes then sync the playlist.  So my question is I'm assuming you will first compare music files, import those missing in itunes then sync the playlist with jriver?

prod

• Play nice
« Reply #689 on: May 05, 2011, 04:51:46 am »

Long post so having tough time finding what I need.

I will effectively just be using this to import music into itunes then sync the playlist.  So my question is I'm assuming you will first compare music files, import those missing in itunes then sync the playlist with jriver?

Yes, it'll do this. Use the /Playlist command line argument, and also check the playlist in the MCiS tree. In options you want to check "Import files to iTunes of types" and specify which types to import.

That will limit the sync to that MC playlist only, import any missing tracks into iTunes and also create the playlist in iTunes.

arixey

• Recent member
« Reply #690 on: May 15, 2011, 06:36:36 pm »

Forgive me if this has been answered, but I searched the forums and couldn't find it.
What field from MC is the synchronizer using to generate the Track Count in iTunes?  I've got several albums where it's inconsistent in iTunes.  For instance, Yo La Tengo's "Popular Songs" is 12 tracks, but in iTunes about half of songs think it's only ten tracks.  Then when I view it in the ipod, the track order is all mixed up and I can't easily listen to the album in the proper order.

I've checked and rechecked in Media Center (15.0.174) and can't find any rhyme or reason to which tracks wind up with the wrong count.  It's not like the "band" field or "album artist" fields are different, no cases where it's like some of them might be uncapitalized, etc.  I can fix it in iTunes, but then the next time I sync with "Track Count" exported, it reverts back to the incorrect values.

How can I fix this?  It's not just this one album, but dozens.  A small percentage of my collection, but still irritating.

prod

• Play nice
« Reply #691 on: May 18, 2011, 03:59:24 pm »

The track and disc counts are calculated dynamically from your MC library. I'm not in a convenient location at the moment, so I can't be absolutely sure, but I recollect it's based on counts of files in the containing folder with the same album name, rather than solely the values in track # and disc #. I'll confirm this when I've had a chance to look at the algorithm.

prod

• Play nice
« Reply #692 on: May 22, 2011, 08:11:09 am »

arixey

Track and Disc counts are worked out as follows;

1. The MC fields [Filename (path)] and [Album] (or whatever is in your Album expression field if you've changed it) are combined and used to identify tracks in the same album.

2. The highest [Track #] encountered for a [Disc #] in the album is used for Track Count. If there is no [Disc #] in the album, just the highest [Track #] is used.

3. The highest [Disc #] encountered in the album is used for Disc Count.

So, make sure these tracks you are having problems with have these fields set properly, and have the above mentioned folder structure rules, otherwise you may see funny results.

I believe I took these folder structure rules from MC's own rules for the [Complete Album] field.

arixey

• Recent member
« Reply #693 on: May 22, 2011, 09:28:56 am »

Thanks for the info!  It looks like a few of the tracks, the ones with the incorrect track count, had a null Disc # and all the rest had Disc # = 1.  Thanks for the help, I probably wouldn't have noticed that on my own since this is only a one-disc album. :)

olinbg

• Recent member
« Reply #694 on: May 28, 2011, 02:08:25 pm »

Purchased.  Thanks for a great tool!

prod

• Play nice
« Reply #695 on: May 29, 2011, 01:22:52 am »

Thanks!  :)

prod

• Play nice
« Reply #696 on: June 05, 2011, 08:11:53 am »

There's been a change in MC16 regarding the way library information is stored, affecting only those who have multiple libraries in MC16.

Fix:

http://misterpete.co.uk/files/mcis601.zip

Please note this is in beta, I'll make a formal release on the website next week.

Cheers!

vicini

• World Citizen
« Reply #697 on: June 07, 2011, 02:32:25 pm »

maybe i just need to understand the concept of this plug-in. i just can't get it to work.
does it sync the MC Library to iTunes, or the other way.

Sorry for the stupidity. but having 2 back surgeries, pain management and taking medication all the time... ?

i am using iTunes 10.2.2
MC 16.0.105 as of this morning
MCiS 6.0
Scott

vicini

• World Citizen
« Reply #698 on: June 07, 2011, 05:04:46 pm »

disregard the last post.
busted out the laptop

did a new install of MC 16.0.105
new library iTunes 10.2.2.14
MCiS 6.0

it works fine.

now, why is my current configuration not working.
granted, the laptop, i only imported one folder of about 100 songs.
current library is 70,000+ songs.
other than that, the only difference is instead of this laptop having library stored on local drive, my current config has library on nas but i have a network drive as z\: linked to the nas

i guess my next step is to take the current config files that work from MCiS and move them to the other computer.

any other ideas?
Scott

bspachman

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #699 on: June 07, 2011, 11:26:00 pm »

A question about stacks & conversion caches...

I've been playing around with the DLNA features of MC16 a bit, and (without meaning to) have created several 'stacked' files. There is a master file, and then the DLNA-streamable appropriate mp3 file.

My last run of MCiTS imported all of the stacked mp3 files as new files into iTunes.

Any thoughts on how to prevent this? I looked a couple of pages back, where the discussion about managing lossless/lossy libraries was going on, and thought that might give me some clues, but I guess it's beyond me right now :)

brad
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 ... 21   Go Up