INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 20 [21]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC iTunes Synchronizer (using MC with an iPhone or iPod Touch) [v6.0.2]  (Read 459578 times)

lmurawski

• Recent member
Re: MC iTunes Synchronizer (using MC with an iPhone or iPod Touch) [v6.0.2]
« Reply #1000 on: September 17, 2017, 04:45:41 pm »

I've had no issue syncing my iPhone with iOS 11 using iTunes 12.5.5.5.

Sadly, no playlists in iOS 11 Podcasts at this point. 

glynor

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #1001 on: September 18, 2017, 08:04:51 am »

I've had no issue syncing my iPhone with iOS 11 using iTunes 12.5.5.5.

I can confirm this is correct-ish, though I'm using 12.5.3.16. Worked fine for syncing on iOS 11 on an iPhone 6s and an iPad Pro (1st Gen, 9.7").

I did NOT try iTunes 12.5.5.5 (I didn't find the download when I looked), though I did try 12.5.4.42 and it failed just like 12.6 and 12.7.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

jack wallstreet

« Reply #1002 on: September 24, 2017, 09:39:08 pm »

I did NOT try iTunes 12.5.5.5 (I didn't find the download when I looked), though I did try 12.5.4.42 and it failed just like 12.6 and 12.7.

12.5.4.42 has consistently worked for me with MCIS (although you do sometimes have to double select "rebuild" but that has always been the case with MCIS if that's what you want to do).  Also tested 12.5.4.42 with IOS 11 today (to sync with IPhone) and it worked fine.
John

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #1003 on: September 25, 2017, 08:13:49 am »

I was able to re-upgrade to 12.5.5.5 and it is working now without issue, including syncing to iOS 11 devices.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

lmurawski

• Recent member
« Reply #1004 on: January 28, 2018, 10:38:30 pm »

Testing a fix I made that seems to resolve the issue.  Need to test more.

jack wallstreet

« Reply #1005 on: February 03, 2018, 09:31:56 pm »

A fix would be wonderful.
John

lmurawski

• Recent member
« Reply #1006 on: February 03, 2018, 11:11:22 pm »

No luck.

jack wallstreet

« Reply #1007 on: September 03, 2018, 09:35:13 am »

I am still a faithful user of MCIS as I haven't found any other practical way to update my iPhone.  I am using iTunes 12.5.x since there were problems with syncing using MCIS with versions above 12.5.x.  I know we are up to 12.8 on iTunes.  Does anyone know whether the problems with syncing still exist with these higher versions.
John

lmurawski

• Recent member
« Reply #1008 on: September 03, 2018, 05:07:21 pm »

Yes, the issue still is present latest version of iTunes.

A work around that I have found is to delete the playlists from iTunes before syncing with MCiS.  You'll need to reselect the playlists for your devices before syncing them.  Since I only sync the single MCPlaylists to my iPhone, this a fairly painless.

You will also need to delete orphaned songs from iTunes before syncing with MCiS.  (https://discussions.apple.com/thread/2666386)  A trick for deleting orphans in iTunes is to create a playlist with all of your songs, the orphaned items will not be added to this playlist.  Then create a smart list to show the songs that are not in the playlist created earlier.  And delete away.

jack wallstreet

« Reply #1009 on: September 03, 2018, 07:52:42 pm »

Thanks very much.  For my use, I may effectively do something like that anyway these days.  It takes hours, but not a lot of effort

1. I delete all songs and playlists from itunes
2. I import all music back into itunes
3. I sync without restablishing the playlists (about 400 MC playlists).  This deletes the iphone playlists
4. I resync after checking the all playlists check box (main playlist) in itunes

Based on what you (Imurawski) are saying, if I stick with this process (or yours), I should be okay even when I update to 12.8 (although no good reason to do so yet).  Thanks.
John

lmurawski

• Recent member
« Reply #1010 on: September 03, 2018, 09:52:44 pm »

You would save time by not deleting all of the songs from iTunes.  That should only be required when you delete tracks in MC. I find it better to prune the orphans in iTunes before syncing.

These are the steps I'm currently following:
1. Sync iPhone with iTunes
2. Delete MC playlists from iTunes
3. Run MCiS and sync MC with iTunes
4. Reselect Playlists in iTunes
5. Sync iPhone with iTunes

I find myself using JR Remote or Panel a bit more now as well.

jack wallstreet

« Reply #1011 on: September 04, 2018, 08:37:24 am »

Thank you Imurawski.  Much appreciated.

I am also using JRemote much more (with Sonos and without).  I find the Panel to be much too slow and clunky for daily use. (slow is the biggest problem).
John

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #1012 on: September 04, 2018, 08:49:31 am »

It shouldn't be slow.  Please start a thread with more details.

jack wallstreet

« Reply #1013 on: October 13, 2019, 11:12:46 am »

I wanted to provide an update on MCIS with current program version since for me this key program as I use an Iphone and others may use it too.  The below may be know to many, but in case it isn't, here is one way to make MCIS work.

As posted by Imurawski (a few messages above) MCIS 6.0.2 still can be made to work with the Iphone and MC, at least with IOS 12.4.2 and MC 12.0.113.  Imurawski's procedures likely work fine, but here is what I do to sync (basically, it is a start from scratch every time process instead of an updated to selected playlists)

1. Delete all playlists and songs from Itunes library
2. Update Itunes library by reimporting every song file
3. Run MCIS (first clicking rebuild for the desired playlist(s) (folder) twice - (to address an apparent old flaw in MCIS - may not be there anymore but I still do it)
4. Run Iphone "sync" with no songs selected (that will automatically be the default if you do steps 1-3) - that clears Iphone of music
5. Run Iphone sync again after selecting all playlists (or whatever you want on Iphone)

For my system, this takes a number of hours, but is basically unattended so not a lot of work.
John

Absinthe

« Reply #1014 on: October 13, 2019, 01:33:38 pm »

The main problem with third party apps like this is they don't address the problem of file compatibility.  IOS products don't recognize FLAC format files and the third party apps typically don't transcode the files during synch.  I refuse to move my library to ALAC or some other format that IOS deems worthy so Ill stick with MediaMonkey

m@Xist

• Recent member
« Reply #1015 on: February 06, 2020, 03:04:31 pm »

So there I landed trying MCiS. But it is not working for me, as when starting a test the SYNC with one playlist comprising one single album, and when it comes to importing files into iTunes, the CPU load for iTunes goes red and the system becomes stuck. MCiS logs are flushed with RPC errors for maaaaany tracks (tracks not part of that playlist are listed).

My setup (this setup prevents MCiS to alter the source iTunes lib!):
MacBook Pro:
  • iTunes as master for file organization and tagging
  • MC as master accessing the iTunes lib
Windows VM on iMac:
  • MC slave accessing the MC master lib
  • iTunes for syncing iPod
  • MCiS for syncing files and playlist from MC to iTunes
  • Additional settings in MCiS as per the screenshot

I'm looking forward for having a working solution using MCiS as I have not found any other solution by now to synchronize iPods in a convenient way!

jack wallstreet

« Reply #1016 on: August 22, 2020, 07:04:21 pm »

I'm looking forward for having a working solution using MCiS as I have not found any other solution by now to synchronize iPods in a convenient way!

I hope you have found by now that Media Center directly connects with Ipods and syncs them
John

jack wallstreet

« Reply #1017 on: January 29, 2022, 09:02:42 am »

For those of you syncing to Iphones (currrent versions, e.g, Iphone 11, etc) and current iTunes (e.g., 12.12.2.2), this is just a note that MC iTunes Synchronizer still syncs these phones.  I do a complete sync each time, it probably doesn't work to do an update. 

1. Delete all itunes songs
2. import them back to itunes
3  use MC Itunes synch to import playlists (I right click twice on "rebuild" per Prods original directions re a minor flaw in the Synchronizer)
4. Delete all songs from iPhone using iTunes
5. Sync all songs/playlists using Itunes (this last step takes time because you are starting from scratch.

This note is just to help anyone who wants to sync to an iPhone.  There are other ways.
John

JackTheWolf

• Recent member
« Reply #1018 on: May 01, 2022, 02:43:02 pm »

For those of you syncing to Iphones (currrent versions, e.g, Iphone 11, etc) and current iTunes (e.g., 12.12.2.2), this is just a note that MC iTunes Synchronizer still syncs these phones.  I do a complete sync each time, it probably doesn't work to do an update. 

1. Delete all itunes songs
2. import them back to itunes
3  use MC Itunes synch to import playlists (I right click twice on "rebuild" per Prods original directions re a minor flaw in the Synchronizer)
4. Delete all songs from iPhone using iTunes
5. Sync all songs/playlists using Itunes (this last step takes time because you are starting from scratch.

This note is just to help anyone who wants to sync to an iPhone.  There are other ways.

Thanks, posts like this are useful.
I'll keep this in mind for when I next attempt to update my media.

bspachman

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #1019 on: February 09, 2024, 05:07:01 pm »

Bringing this thread back from the past...

Anyone still using MCiTS (besides me)? :) I've always found it most useful to create a 'duplicate' iTunes library that I use with the iTunes Match service. Because I only sync from MC->iTunes, I'm always relatively safe from metadata madness when the iTunes Match service decides that it knows better.

At any rate, for my purposes, it's been working fine with MC31, iTunes 12.13.1.3, and MCiTS 6.01--even under Windows11. However, with the recent news that iTunes is slowly being deprecated and broken into separate apps, I was wondering if anyone else had taken the testing plunge to see if MCiTS would work with the new Music app.

Thoughts?
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 20 [21]   Go Up