INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How can you import album info into MJ?  (Read 1346 times)

skos

How can you import album info into MJ?
« on: May 02, 2009, 09:10:48 am »

MJ does not find any info on a CD that is playing, yet if you go to “Artist Info” under “Playing Now” and type in the album it finds it.  ? ? ?

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • The Cosmic Bird
Re: How can you import album info into MJ?
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2009, 09:40:50 am »

1     General / Media Jukebox / How can you import album info into MJ?    on: Today at 09:10:48 am

MJ does not find any info on a CD that is playing, yet if you go to “Artist Info” under “Playing Now” and type in the album it finds it.   

2     General / Media Jukebox / missimg cover art and song names    on: Yesterday at 09:42:59 am
I put a current pop artist in and MJ finds it and can play it but it has missimg cover art and song names.  If I go to internet and try to find, it can't.

However if I click artist info and putin the name or album, it finds it.  Whats up??

3     General / Media Jukebox / cover art and songs    on: April 30, 2009, 04:26:28 pm
I am new so I am sorry if this is a dumb question.   I have search & could not find the answer

I put in a cd, I can play it but there is no cover art or info for any of the songs on the cd.  I right clicked and tried to get from internet but it could not find.

what am I doing wrong?

The CD database is based on user submissions. If you right-clicked the CD drive icon in the "tree" in the left pane and did "Update from online database" and it still didn't get any data it is likely that no one has submitted that particular CD yet. (If the server connection is not working for some reason you should receive an error message.)

The general idea is that if a CD is not found you should type the album and track details and submit.

"Artist Info" under "Playing Now" goes to a different place and shows a regular web page. It isn't connected to the CD database.

Also the cover art database is based on user submissions. If there is no cover art available you can add your own and submit it.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755
Pages: [1]   Go Up