INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cover Art Issue In Theater View  (Read 1194 times)

steveklein

• Galactic Citizen
Cover Art Issue In Theater View
« on: May 05, 2009, 05:21:03 pm »

I'm a bit confused. I've created a smartlist that is set to display all files where Image File is <empty>. This list is only 102 files out of my 70,000 audio files. It is 6 or 7 full albums which I legitimately don't have cover art for and have been unable to find it anywhere. However, in theater view... it appears that dozens of my albums, maybe 100 or more, don't have cover art... yet they don't show up in the smartlist.

Is Image File <empty> not the right thing to use in creating a smartlist to show me files without cover art?

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Cover Art Issue In Theater View
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2009, 05:52:02 pm »

Another case would be if the file reports that it has internal art in the tag, but then we aren't able to load because it's a bad file, etc.

You would have to pinpoint one file having the problem and look at the image file field to see if this could explain things.

You could manually "Update Library (from tags)" on the bad files to force them to re-thumb / update the library.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

steveklein

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Cover Art Issue In Theater View
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2009, 01:12:10 pm »

Interesting. I did a backup of my library and selected my whole library and did the update library from tags and it spits out about 9,000 files without coverart.

But as I said earlier, only 100 with empty image files. What exactly does this mean. If I were to do a Update tags from library, do you think most of them would fix themselves?

Basically, I am trying to move towards having all my music with cover art stored correctly. I'm not sure what method is best. I want them to show up in Media Center, and then I also want o make sure they show up when transferred to a portable device like an iPod. Right now some is stored as Artist - Album.jpg in the folders, some is stored in the files themselves... and others were grabbed from the internet within MC and I have no idea how they are stored on disk. I eventually want them to be uniform and as I said, be visible not only in MC, but also on my iPod. What is the best way to go about doing this?
Pages: [1]   Go Up