INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Using up web license restores with Win7 testing...  (Read 1814 times)

billryan_nz

• Recent member
Using up web license restores with Win7 testing...
« on: May 06, 2009, 08:50:48 am »

Hi guys, just getting in early before it becomes a problem...

Because it's been so good from b7000 onwards, I've been running Win7 on two computers in the house - with RC, it's about to go on a third. But doing a clean install with each major new build over recent months, I've been using up my quota of web restores. And, of course, there'll be more reinstalls later in the year. So if I or anyone else who's testing come to you and ask for an increased quota for the year, that's the reason.

(In addition to exporting/importing the Library between installs, to try and transfer the existing registration from the old to the new install, I've also tried various things like copying over the /AppData/.../J River and   /Program Files...etc license file but it doesn't seem to work. I'm I missing something obvious? - an easy way to transfer existing an existing registration from an old to a new install so that one doesn't have to do a web restore? - you'll realise from this there's usually more than two weeks between installs so my current license file expires...)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Using up web license restores with Win7 testing...
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2009, 09:10:34 am »

If you run out, just post here and we'll reset you.

Thanks.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2009, 09:26:53 am »

... an easy way to transfer an existing registration from an old to a new install so that one doesn't have to do a web restore? - you'll realise from this there's usually more than two weeks between installs so my current license file expires...)
You could read about licenses in the "Purchase" link above.  The Install Key is good for 14 days but could be used on both machines (using only one restore).

There is no way to "transfer an existing registration".

billryan_nz

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2009, 09:35:34 am »

Thanks Matt, yes, you've done that for me before and I've been grateful. JimH, I'd come to the tentative conclusion that was so, thanks for confirming.

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2009, 12:49:31 pm »

And when you have just installed a new OS you can wait until the last day of MC trial before restoring. 30 + 14 = 44.

I usually don't restore before I'm reasonably sure that everything works reliably after installing a new OS.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

filmfreak35

« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2009, 02:04:19 pm »

I have exactly the same problem. I've been using windows 7 as my main operating system since its first beta and have also run out of restores. I'm eager to upgrade to MC14beta but before purchasing I would like to know if the restores would be reset?

Thanks

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2009, 02:45:04 pm »

I have exactly the same problem. I've been using windows 7 as my main operating system since its first beta and have also run out of restores. I'm eager to upgrade to MC14beta but before purchasing I would like to know if the restores would be reset?
Your restores are cleared.  Please try again.  Use the full trial period before doing a restore.  Use the Install Key for additional installs.  It's good for 14 days.
Pages: [1]   Go Up