INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Edit default field  (Read 1061 times)

morrison

• Galactic Citizen
Edit default field
« on: May 06, 2009, 04:38:03 pm »

Introduced in build 13.0.153:

5. Changed: Added "Credits" field.  Importing My Movies xml file adds only actor names to Actors field, but actor/role to credits field.

I use the credit field for many years for my music. Now you do the same with a closed setting, and I again have to enclose the new custom field. I use now also "Custom Genre" and "Custom Style" tags - because I want use list data type instead of string default. Why not allow them at least to set up?

another example - Media Sub Type field. Why i don't can add another values? Not me, not any in my family don't use Apple hard|software, and i don't think about compatibility with ipod. But I had to create new tag - Media MegaSub Types, for custom music video types..

now I cannot see the credits field for audio files even from action bar ?
and don't can copy fields from Move/Copy fields.. - i don't see new "credits" and in copy field action.

Please help - how i can restore my credits tag? i can see this only as panes category for now, and with wrong type for me (. I don't know about problems with my library if I downgrade to pre-.153 build..

marko

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Edit default field
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2009, 02:34:18 am »

It's been asked for many many times; it seems so simple doesn't it, just unlock the things and let us do what we want them already...

Often, we ask for things that we mere mortal end users think would be nigh on impossible, but turn out to be a breeze for the developers, who say 'easy peasy, why didn't you ask sooner?'

The reverse is also true, and probably a lot more common (Matt?)

Here's an explanation:
By Matt
Switching some fields to a list is an often requested change, but it's also a bit of a wormhole.

It adds complexity to the tagging UI (list fields are more elaborate) and also requires changes in all the taggers to properly handle saving as a list.  Then there's the problem of pieces of the program that depend on fields like artist for building filenames, transferring to handhelds, etc. -- they all need to be updated to make sure they do the right thing with list-style fields.

-marko.

morrison

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Edit default field
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2009, 03:25:54 pm »

Thank you for your detailed response Marco.

I dream of a professional client-server full customise version of worth up to $200)

Мy old tags "Credits" i will attempt to recover with mp3tag in new value
Pages: [1]   Go Up