INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 13.0.167 -- Available Here  (Read 4063 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Media Center 13.0.167 -- Available Here
« on: May 08, 2009, 01:46:35 pm »

This is the latest version of MC 13.0.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted or moved.

This latest build (usually safe) of MC13.0 is here:
http://files.jriver.com/mediacenter/MediaCenter130167.exe

13.0.167 (05/07/2009)

1. Fixed: ID3v2 tagging could discard the # tracks / # discs portion of the track # and disc # when tagging.
2. Fixed: When first installing a VST Plug-in, it was not possible to enable it for processing without restarting playback.
3. Fixed: VST Plug-ins that exposed more inputs and outputs than the current output format could crash.
4. Fixed: When pausing audio playback, if it performed buffering while paused, it could switch the playback state back to play.
5. Fixed: Setting the mute value to -1 (to mean true) from the automation SDK did not work nicely.
6. Fixed: Television channel scanning did not work for the last few builds.

13.0.166 (05/06/2009)

1. Fixed: With the ripping option to overwrite existing files enabled some encoders would not work. (only applies to last few builds)
2. Fixed: Using incomplete math syntax like "3 /" or "2+1+" could cause problems in expressions.
3. Changed: DSP Plug-ins are always loaded from the main user interface. (solves problems with plugins that create user interface at load instead of when requested by Media Center like DFX)
4. Optimized: Improved performance of JRiver edit / expression controls.

13.0.165 (05/05/2009)

1. Changed: Upgrades to HTML parser used for RSS feeds in Theater View. (Yahoo! News, The Onion, etc.)
2. Changed: Improved Theater View's support of The Onion in the News plug-in.
3. Changed: The burn complete dialog that prompts for Burn / Print Label / Quit is not shown if the burn completes while in Display View or Theater View.
4. Changed: When Theater View is showing, Standard View style wait messages will not appear.
5. Changed: Pressing the space bar on a JRiver style button, checkbox, etc. will be considered a click.
6. Fixed: Theater View's Weather configuration dialog did not support tabbed navigation.

13.0.164 (05/04/2009)

1. Fixed: Showing Theater View on systems without DirectX 9 (or later) installed could cause a crash.
2. Fixed: WMA encoding would not work properly on a fresh install (only applies to the last few builds).
3. Fixed: Encoding could crash in certain cases (only applies to the last few builds).
4. Changed: If television is configured to automatically refresh the programming guide, it will do so once a day OR if there are no programs available (retries every 30 minutes if there are no programs).
5. Changed: Shortened the portable install description in the installer so it fits better with larger fonts.
6. Changed: Switched the Austria country code used for mc2xml to AT.
7. NEW: Added CD burning in Theater View. (use "Burn" item in roller of any file view)
8. NEW: Added CD ripping in Theater View. (pick "DVD" with an audio CD in the drive and then select "Rip disc")
9. Fixed: Corrected a typo on the new Converter options page.
10. Changed: Reverted to also looking in the legacy Media Jukebox location for DSP Plug-ins to better support DFX, etc.
11. Fixed: When installing a new skin from a webpage, the change did not take effect until restarting the program.
12. Fixed: Album grouping / album expansion could cause problems when using Google Images from the Links bar to set the cover art for a video.

13.0.163 (05/01/2009)

1. NEW: Revamped Converter, so that it has nicer options and the ability to process up to 8 files at the same time.
2. NEW: Added a "Programs" OSD menu item for television.  Left/right arrows cycle through Favorite Channels (or all channels if you have no favorite channels) with Now/Next program info.  MC automatically switches to the last channel you stop at.
3. Fixed: Playing Now / playlists lists could empty and not refresh properly in certain cases. (only applies to last couple of builds)
4. Changed: Revised the internal system that provides ideal sizes for controls when laying out user interface. (should be internal change, but please report any issues)
5. Fixed: Extremely loud sound was produced when playing an audio track that was mistyped as non-audio while Volume Leveling was turned on.

13.0.162 (04/30/2009)

1. NEW: Added native support for VST plug-ins.  Add plug-ins in Plug-in Manager and configure inside DSP Studio.
2. Changed: Television OSD channel/program info display uses bold and italic font for words "Playing now:"/"Recording now:" and "Next:".
3. Changed: The "Add Plug-in" button in Plug-in Manager will prompt for UAC elevation so plugins get registered as administrator (where they have proper HKLM registry access).
4. Changed: Renamed "out_MJ.dll" to "out_Main.dll" and "dsp_MJMain.dll" to "out_Main.dll" for consistency. (should be internal change, but please report any issues)
5. Optimized: DSP plug-ins are only loaded when enabled or viewed, so having a long list of installed DSPs (VST, Winamp, or JRiver) has no performance impact.
6. Changed: Revised how plug-ins that contain multiple plug-ins inside a single DLL register themselves to accommodate #5. (each plug-in uses its own registry key instead of all plugins sharing a key and the program loading and enumerating at run time)
7. Changed: DSP plug-ins installed to the legacy location (Media Jukebox) are no longer loaded.
8. NEW: Added a status in DSP Studio to show if a plug-in is processing data, if it failed to load, if it doesn't support the input format, etc.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

mobyfrag

• World Citizen
Re: Media Center 13.0.167 -- Available Here
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2009, 07:16:05 am »

Thanks so much Matt for the update ;)

eba

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2009, 10:53:12 am »

When gridlines are set to off, they still appear in lots of places, such as the tag window, any custom sort boxes, the field list under manage library fields, etc.

Crash:
Switch to Party Mode or another Library (or even try to find Library Servers and fail)
MC switches all views to Start
[Optionally: click on eg. Audio]
Press back
MC crashes.

Viewing Images:

Top viewed as Thumbnails
Play images
Delete an image from Display View
Close Display View

Top shows details instead of thumbnails until refreshed.

Under Playlists, help links to:
- More about Playlists
- Smartlists
- Playlist Groups
All just point to the Wiki Home page.

keither

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2009, 12:24:37 pm »

If DSP Studio is open, and you minimize the main MC window, when you restore MC, the DSP window is closed.

Beatnik62

• Junior Woodchuck
  • I like music ...
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2009, 01:05:07 am »

I've reported this before, MC 13 does not see my cover art while import new albums. In my collection the cover art files (.jpg) are located in the same folder as the music tracks (.mp3). The name of the cover art file is related to the album (eg. "The Beatles - Abbey Road.jpg"). While importing the new album MC 13 detect the image and show the image  in his images section, but the relation of the mp3's and the cover art file is not be made. The music files doesn't show the cover art.

Under Options -> File Location -> Cover Art I have choosed In the same folder as the file. It seems to have no influence.

I assume it's a bug. Please could you fix it ?

BTW. The VST support is a great product improvement. Thanks for that.

Beatnik

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2009, 08:32:29 am »

I've reported this before, MC 13 does not see my cover art while import new albums. In my collection the cover art files (.jpg) are located in the same folder as the music tracks (.mp3). The name of the cover art file is related to the album (eg. "The Beatles - Abbey Road.jpg"). While importing the new album MC 13 detect the image and show the image  in his images section, but the relation of the mp3's and the cover art file is not be made. The music files doesn't show the cover art.

Under Options -> File Location -> Cover Art I have choosed In the same folder as the file. It seems to have no influence.

I assume it's a bug. Please could you fix it ?

If the file image name doesn't exactly match [Artist] - [Album].jpg OR Folder.jpg, you will have to manually do a "Quick Find in File / Cover Art Directory".  Loose matching is no longer done automatically at import time because it creates too many false associations.

You might also consider storing art in the tags so you're not managing side-car files.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

JONCAT

« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2009, 09:18:05 am »

Thanks for the work on the VST plugins, this will make room correction compensation smoother.

DC

AoXoMoXoA

• I am a kangaroo . . . . no, really!
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2009, 12:49:28 pm »

When I go into Playing Now and select all the tracks that have already played for "Remove From List", if I include the currently playing track MC will continue that track until it ends (as I had expected) except that upon it's completion the (now) top-most track in Playing Now gets skipped as MC continues directly from the end of the removed track into the start of 2nd track.
. . . the game is rigged

Beatnik62

• Junior Woodchuck
  • I like music ...
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2009, 12:55:59 pm »

If the file image name doesn't exactly match [Artist] - [Album].jpg OR Folder.jpg, you will have to manually do a "Quick Find in File / Cover Art Directory".  Loose matching ......

Thanks Matt.

"Quick Find in File/Cover Art Directoy" is working, but there seems to be a additional glitch. This procedure modify the .mp3 files. Not much, but it adds some User text entries to the ID3v2.2 tag. Thereby the file date and time will be changed too, which creates additional aktivities on my backup and synchronize tool. Normaly I would expect that this kind of changes, are going directly into the Library of MC. Hm ... maybe you find a way, in the future, to bring back the functionality which was working well at least for me. I hope and will wait ....

Beatnik

nuke2000

« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2009, 02:08:43 pm »

6. Fixed: Television channel scanning did not work for the last few builds.

Greetings

Leadtek DTV1000T has not sucessfully completed a scan for me since i purchased MC13 (Jan 2009). 167 opens 3 x active movie windows (this is a new one!) when i attempt to perform a channel scan. If i leave MC13 to it it eventually crashes and sticks to the taskbar with a message stating another instance maybe open, forcing a reboot. All is well in Win MC. I'd really like to have TV functionality in MC13 so a solution would be appreciated.

Keep up the good work  :)

I will ditch the card if you can suggest an alternative that will work (Terrestrial DTV - UK) as i love MC13 in most respects

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2009, 02:25:33 pm »

Greetings

Leadtek DTV1000T has not sucessfully completed a scan for me since i purchased MC13 (Jan 2009). 167 opens 3 x active movie windows (this is a new one!) when i attempt to perform a channel scan. If i leave MC13 to it it eventually crashes and sticks to the taskbar with a message stating another instance maybe open, forcing a reboot. All is well in Win MC. I'd really like to have TV functionality in MC13 so a solution would be appreciated.

Keep up the good work  :)

I will ditch the card if you can suggest an alternative that will work (Terrestrial DTV - UK) as i love MC13 in most respects

Email me a log file.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

nsteele

• Recent member
« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2009, 01:29:59 pm »

Matt:

Thanks for the new changes to the Convert Format Options in 13.0.167.  Especially like that it now auto-recognizes multi-artist albums and deals with them appropriately! :) Before this converting format for compilation CDs was a big pain that always bugged me. A few nits:

1) It would be nice to have more clarity over exactly what the directory levels are in the new "Levels of directory structure" option- i.e. Level 3 = Genre/Artist/Album, etc. I figured it out, but had to experiment with each one to find out.  A Folder Rule drop down menu like you use in the File Ripping Options would probably be a better way to handle.  Still works great though! 

2) Installing v167 did not preserve my previously chosen encoder settings.

Lastly, on install, the dialogue box prematurely said installation was done while the box behind it still showed it was installing plugins for another 30 seconds or so.

Thanks as always for a great product!

Nick Steele

Pages: [1]   Go Up