INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Are there audio CDs that are incompatible with CDR drives?  (Read 755 times)

gvag

Are there audio CDs that are incompatible with CDR drives?
« on: July 16, 2002, 11:39:57 am »

I've trying to rip a CD "Karma by Delerium" but MJ and EAC have a snitfit when I try to rip or play it, yet my stereo CD player plays it without a hitch and it sound fine.

I've been doing a lot of ripping and playing of CDs the last few days and this is the first problem I've encountered, so I'm fairly confident its not a system problem.

Anyone?

JimH

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Miller drives a tall-masted tractor on the ocean
Jim Hillegass
JRiver Media Center / Media Jukebox

Xenno

RE:Are there audio CDs that are incompatible with CDR drives?
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2002, 12:18:22 pm »

I had CD's that sound lousy (skips, breaks, etc.) when ripped w/  Digital Extraction checked. Try it unchecked which sets MJ ripping as analog. I always wondered if extracting digitally bypasses the error correction of the drive.

Xenno

gvag

RE:Are there audio CDs that are incompatible with CDR drives?
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2002, 05:16:22 pm »

JimH -

Thanx but nothing so ominous as copy protection.  I took the CD to a friend's place and his better quality drive reported the first track as being bad but managed to play and rip the rest.

His son took a look at the CD with his younger and more knowledgeable eyes and picked up some nicks and scratches on the inner ring.  He said it was OK for stereo CD players but a lot of CDRs wouldn't be able to deal with it because of the scratching.
Pages: [1]   Go Up