INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: I can't make Media Center 13 update file names from tags  (Read 974 times)

gasernag

• Recent member
I can't make Media Center 13 update file names from tags
« on: May 09, 2009, 11:44:27 pm »

I am trying to have Media Center 13 update my file names from my tags. However neither of the following two commands do it:

tools-->library tools-->Update Tags(from library)

tools-->library tools-->Update Library(from tags)

Also, the

tools-->options-->Libraries & Folders-->Manage Library Fields

doesn't really allow me to manage anything.

I use Windows Vista. Any suggestions???

Thanks

marko

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: I can't make Media Center 13 update file names from tags
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2009, 03:58:51 am »

Try: Tools > Library Tools > Rename, Move & Copy Files

It's reasonably intuitive, but, once there, if you have any further questions, just ask them here.

regards,
-marko

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • The Cosmic Bird
Re: I can't make Media Center 13 update file names from tags
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2009, 04:26:24 am »

In addition to what marko said,

The library tools you mentioned are intended for tagging, not for renaming (tags from database to physical file tags & tags from physical file tags to database).

Manage Library Fields in Options can do very little for the default, mostly locked, fields. Usually you can only change the displayed name and select if MC writes the field value also in the physical file tag. You can use all field settings when you create or edit user fields. Also, it is only for field configuration. In order to make existing database fields visible or hide them you need to adjust the settings in each View or create new Views with your desired columns (Customize View & Add View).

The same is true also for Action Window > Tag. You can click the small graphical symbol on the top left corner in Action Window > Tag to open a menu that allows you to adjust its contents.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755
Pages: [1]   Go Up