INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ipod shows no files after file transfer and ejection.  (Read 2279 times)

Magicland

• World Citizen
  • Gabba Gabba Hey!
Ipod shows no files after file transfer and ejection.
« on: May 11, 2009, 08:28:36 am »

Carried over from the "identify the ipod" thread:
Still waiting to get this corrected.
30 GB ipod video
SN: SZT
Model: PA002LL

Being recognized in Media Center as a 4 GB ipod nano.

Is it possible it's just the image that's wrong?  That model number appears to be correctly coded as a 30 GB video using Media Center 13.

Please start a new thread if you think there's something wrong.

Thanks.

It displays in MC13 as a 4 GB Ipod Nano, but shows a 27.9 GB capacity (which I assume is 30 GB depending on how you count it). However, when I transfer files and eject the device, the device shows no files on it. If I then re-connect the device using Itunes and resync, all the files show up on the device after being ejected. Obviously, I'd rather not use Itunes at all (heck, I'd rather not even have it on my computer).

Is the database format different between the ipod nano and the ipod video, and could MC be writing a nano-compatible database that the ipod video can't read? I had another 30 GB ipod video, which MC recognized as an ipod video, which worked just fine (except for the ipod firmware 1.3 bug which prevented the device from actually playing video, but that's Crapple's fault, which they're still ignoring). Needless to say, the current ipod video has the 1.2.1 firmware (I'm afraid to update it to the 1.3 firmware as I might lose the ability to play video again).
Pages: [1]   Go Up