INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Playlists and View Schemes Disappeared After Power Blip  (Read 1019 times)

cncb

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Playlists and View Schemes Disappeared After Power Blip
« on: May 11, 2009, 11:10:43 pm »

I had quite an alarming problem today.  We had a short power "blip" that caused my PC to reboot.  MC was open at the time on the PC but not being used (no editing or playback).  When I brought up MC after the restart all my Playlists and custom View Schemes were gone!  Luckily I had a backup of the library from this morning that I just copied back to the library directory and when I started MC everything was there again.  It was definitely not a case of having the "Default" or wrong library loaded because all the files in the library were still there and when I copied the library backup over the Playlists and Schemes returned as soon as I started MC again.

So, how did this happen and how can I prevent it from happening again (other than using a UPS, that is)?
-Craig    MO 4Media remote and player:  Android/TV/Auto | iOS | Windows 10/UWP

cncb

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Playlists and View Schemes Disappeared After Power Blip
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2009, 09:47:25 am »

Any idea how this could have happened?  If I hadn't noticed I would have lost all my playlists and view schemes since my daily backup would have overwritten the "good" library.
-Craig    MO 4Media remote and player:  Android/TV/Auto | iOS | Windows 10/UWP
Pages: [1]   Go Up