INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Tagging "This Location"  (Read 1201 times)

Qythyx

• Galactic Citizen
Tagging "This Location"
« on: May 12, 2009, 12:39:48 am »

I seem to remember that there used be a way to set a tag in a hierarchy to "this location" (Edit: apparently it is called "This Folder") when you wanted to set it to a level that also has children. In .167, though I don't see this. Did it go away? Is there a new way to do it?

For example: I have a Places library field. In it I have USA\North Caroline\Charlotte. I want to set a photo's Places tag to just North Carolina, but not a child in it.

marko

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Tagging "This Location"
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2009, 01:29:47 am »

Assuming you're talking about "pane tagging", Drag and Drop onto "North Carolina" is the only way I know how to achieve this.

Qythyx

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2009, 01:34:41 am »

Yes, I'm talking about Pane Tagging. Thanks for the tip, I never considered d&d since all the other tagging I do is via the checkboxes. This seems counterintuitive, is there a reason there isn't a checkbox next to these tags just like the other ones?

marko

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2009, 01:46:45 am »

No official reason that I know of, no.

Something else to watch out for when doing this is that you get a new child entry in the pane called "This Folder". Intuitively, I'd expect this entry to either be dead, or to apply "North Carolina" to a file if dropped there. Not so though. If you drop a file there, you literally wind up with a keyword called "This Folder"

-marko

Pages: [1]   Go Up