INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Now available: RSS Feed for New Releases  (Read 817 times)

RedJ

• Galactic Citizen
Now available: RSS Feed for New Releases
« on: May 12, 2009, 09:22:54 pm »

I wanted to share this way to receive notifications when a new version of Media Center 13 becomes available:

Back in the days of MC12, there was post where someone (I'd love to give credit, but I've forgotten who) contributed a Yahoo! Pipes feed as a workaround for receiving RSS notices when a new version of Media Center is posted.

It was never updated for MC13 (to my knowledge), so I created my own Yahoo! Pipes feed for MC13 releases.  I do it a little differently than MC12 one, but so far it's worked great.  Thanks to the fine folks at JRiver who have graciously made tweaks to the message boards to accomodate this method, the feeds now contain the full download link to the new builds.

The Yahoo! Pipes URL for the MC13 release notification is http://pipes.yahoo.com/redj/mediacenter13releases
You can subscribe to the feed type of your choice from this link.

I personally use this in conjunction with the RSS feeds in Outlook and have an inbox rule that notifies me as soon as the release is posted so I can download and install it immediately (I love Media Center hot off the griddle).

Enjoy!

Pages: [1]   Go Up