INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Synchronization with PDA problems [solved by miracle]  (Read 1246 times)

knasil2

• Recent member
Synchronization with PDA problems [solved by miracle]
« on: May 13, 2009, 02:51:38 am »

Hi,
First of all, congratulations for the new MC version. It rocks!

I have been experiencing some new problems which were not present in version 12. One is really annoying me now... After a crash that happened last week, I seem unable to synchronize my files as I used to do with my PDA (it's an oldish Eten Glofiish X800). The programs reads the PDA storage card normally, makes a list of files that need synchronizing and does it OK... the problem is that the next time I connect the device it does the same... that is: it deletes all the files that are already there and re-writes them again, thus nulling the whole point about a "synchronization". I checked that the files are correctly included in the playlists and everything seems to be exactly the same as before. I have used this MC feature for a long time and I really love it! I would hate to give it up.

Note: If I keep pressing the "recheck sync" button, it adds the mp3 files that are already there with a "delete on sync" tag at the bottom of the list of the same files with the "queued" tag. ?

regards.

knasil2

• Recent member
Re: Synchronization with PDA problems
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2009, 11:39:59 am »

Hi again,

I will keep adding more details of my problems, in the hope that maybe someone may be able to help me!

I noticed that JRMC13 looks inside my device but can only read the filenames of my songs/podcats... that may be the reason why it wants to replace them everytime I do a sync... it believes that the songs are not there and tries to delete the stuff that cannot recognise. This simplifies the problem a lot, since now I need MC to read inside my PDA and get the details right... any ideas?

PS/ I installed the latest version of JRMC13 to no avail.

cheers!

knasil2

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2009, 09:46:48 am »

Hi Again, 50 odd people have read my previous messages without a single answer. Am I hitting on a bug that nobody knows about? I really love this synchronization facility. I like it so much that I am considering going back to version 12, even though that I paid for version 13!!

C'mon guys!  I would expect thing that work to improve, not to go worst from a version to the next.

I noticed that JRMC13 writes a couple of files (JRInfo.xml and JRState.xml) in the root directory of the PDA SDMMC card. One of them contains a list of the media files in my device. It also copies the playlist that I use for synchronizing into the appropiate folder \Playlists\. Althrough I have checked the option out, it also writes Folder.jpg file (the CD cover) in the music directory where the mp3 files are. Is this the problem?... somehow it changes the file that writes in my PDA so that when it reads it again and compares it against the original stored in the PC it thinks they are different... (?)

Note: I reverted to JRMC12 (I did not uninstall the old version, just in case) and it works fine. That shows that the problem is not related to my hardware, it's just JRMC13.

cheers

knasil2

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2009, 06:16:08 am »

Hi,

Just reporting that the issue miraculously sorted itself out. I don't know, computers may be alive after all.
Pages: [1]   Go Up