INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New to IPOD and having problems transferring APE files.  (Read 1878 times)

doright

• Recent member
New to IPOD and having problems transferring APE files.
« on: May 14, 2009, 08:46:04 am »

Hello all,

Well I finally made the leap and purchased my first IPOD 120GB Classic.
The reason I purchased it was to use with a new Car Stereo I received as a Birthday gift that plays directly from the IPOD.

Anyway, this 120GB classic boasts that it can hold 30,000 songs. I currently have about 6900 songs on MC all in APE format, all full CD's.
MC recognizes my IPOD right away but when I go into Sync it, it tells me that I am 14.4GB over capacity.

In the sync setup I tried different MP3 conversion types including "faster CBR Encoding". I also reduced the size of the cover art to 320X240
I only have "all audio" clicked on "Media Type".

What I think is happening (though I could be wrong) is that it is telling me I'm over capacity based on the size of the APE file before being converted.
Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Also, there is a lot of music on MC that I would probably never listen to in the car. Is there a way to eliminate certain albums for syncing/

Thanks in advance for your help.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: New to IPOD and having problems transferring APE files.
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2009, 09:49:21 am »

You could make a playlist called something like "Sync to car" and add anything you want to it.  Then sync that playlist instead of the whole library.

doright

• Recent member
Re: New to IPOD and having problems transferring APE files.
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2009, 10:01:58 am »

You could make a playlist called something like "Sync to car" and add anything you want to it.  Then sync that playlist instead of the whole library.

That would probably work. Any idea why all of my music will not fit?
Pages: [1]   Go Up