INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Automating Tasks  (Read 1123 times)

SeaDrive

• World Citizen
Automating Tasks
« on: May 14, 2009, 08:29:25 pm »

Do the Core Commands still function in MC13? I'm trying to automate the export of playlists each night and it doesn't seem to work. I run
"MC13.exe /MCC 20004" but nothing happens.

StFeder

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Fight! You may win. If you don't, you already lost
Re: Automating Tasks
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2009, 09:21:30 pm »

Core commands still working. Exporting works fine for me (via MCC and UI).

Is MC running when you try to use the MCC?

SeaDrive

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2009, 06:52:52 pm »

No Media Center is not running. I type the command line as listed above, the drive works for a while and then nothing.

SeaDrive

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2009, 07:00:15 pm »

OK, I just tried it with MC running and it exported. Do the commands have to run with MC already open? That seems kind of useless. Especially in this case where the messagebox stating that all playlists were exported and I have to press OK. I was hoping to setup a scheduled task to export my playlists each night.

I have a utility that reads certain image playlists and creates an XML file to be used as an RSS image feed. It allows me to add new images to MC, have MC export the playlist and then have the utility build the XML file. The photo feed is used by Kodak wireless picture frames to stream live photos. Gave some to the parents and grandparents as gifts and now they automatically have the most up to date pictures without doing a thing.

Add the Eye-Fi wireless SD card and you don't even have to connect the camera or SD card to the PC, the images upload to the PC automatically. Digital pictures could automaticall o from camer to streaming frame in minutes.
Pages: [1]   Go Up