INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: My volume slider is missing  (Read 1366 times)

NoVolume

My volume slider is missing
« on: May 17, 2009, 12:52:40 am »

Can anyone tell me why this is missing? It's simply not there. It used to be to the right of the song "position" slider. It disappeared when I installed a new sound card (M-Audio Audiophile 2496)... How do I get it back?? I am using Media Jukebox version 8.0

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Scott

Mr ChriZ

• Citizen of the Universe
  • :-D
Re: My volume slider is missing
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2009, 06:00:37 am »

Seems there's a few posts about this regarding this card historically:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=16338.0

M-Audio cards disable this feature. No driver updates will fix it. You must use the M-Audio control panel to adjust the volume.

What would be nice is if there was a plugin that did volume attenuation from within MC. Then the volume could adjusted. At present, there is only one player I know of that does this by allowing the use of the + and - keys for volume control when using M-Audio 24/96 cards.

Things have moved on a bit since then in MC/MJ however so what you may find works however is MC/MJ can give you different volume controls.  If you right click on the mute button you can toggle between system volume, internal volume and application volume.  Try one of those.

NoVolume

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2009, 12:10:14 pm »

thanks for the info. The "toggle between system volume, internal volume and application volume" feature sounds like what I need to get to, but I don't see a "mute" button anywhere, so I'm not sure how to get there. Looked all over and can't find it. Maybe it's not a feature in Media Jukebox 8???

Sounds like I'm out of luck. For now I've been controlling the Jukebox volume through the equalizer in the DSP studio, it has a preamp control.

My other player applications, like Winamp and Windows Media Player, have separate volume controls that work with my soundcard.

Mr ChriZ

• Citizen of the Universe
  • :-D
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2009, 01:24:56 pm »

My apologies I didn't read the 8.0 bit.  I was referring to MJ12.  I couldn't tell you if a similar option exists back in 8
Pages: [1]   Go Up