INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Windows Mobile: What are you using for music player?  (Read 2284 times)

shAf

• Citizen of the Universe
Windows Mobile: What are you using for music player?
« on: May 18, 2009, 05:09:17 pm »

Pocketplayer:  Nice, but very sluggish and causes problems with my Xperia.  Conduit should have made it much smaller and sold it for less.

Coreplayer: Very good playback of OGG and XVID, but I cannot wrap my head around using it relative to creating playlists.  There's gotta be a way, but my head hurts figuring it out.

WMP:  Works flawlessly on my Xperia, but it's too featureless, and I'd really like for it to support OGG and XVID.

Maybe it's me, and because I've been using JRiver since MJ8, but I simply have to ask my peers here:

What are you using?  (OGG and XVID would be great)

Isn't it about time JRiver started thinking about bringing another player to market?  (WinMo of course, but give Android a year and I may jump ship ...<g>...)

TIA  :)

cheerios from the Avalon Peninsula, Newfoundland

ThoBar

• Was confishy
Re: Windows Mobile: What are you using for music player?
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2009, 01:48:03 am »

PocketPlayer is the best for me...

I've suggested MCmobile before too :)

RhinoBanga

• Developer
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2009, 06:32:27 am »

Pocketplayer for me ... but there is really nothing decent out there :(

Rob L

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2009, 04:18:12 pm »

I had been using PocketPlayer, but I do have big problems with it - it just STICKS all the time - even when it's working, it's sluggish switching tracks, but quite often it just sticks at the end of a track and I have to advance it manually.

It's the nicest other than that though.

What I actually use all the time now is S2P. It's the most reliable and just does what it does.

raldo

« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2009, 02:01:10 am »

I had been using PocketPlayer, but I do have big problems with it - it just STICKS all the time - even when it's working, it's sluggish switching tracks, but quite often it just sticks at the end of a track and I have to advance it manually.
That hasn't been my experience with PocketPlayer. You can try it and see how it works for you...

PocketPlayer is really good with audio books. It remembers positions "across sessions".

Would you believe that's an issue with all the other players, including the built in ones (WMP + proprietary player of HTC)?

Rob L

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2009, 04:51:26 pm »

I've used lots of different versions of PocketPlayer over the years, on multiple different devices (even now I've got several different Windows Mobile devices) and it's happened with every version on every device. Of course that doesn't mean people shouldn't try it; it is a very nice piece of software and the people that produce it are very nice too.

S2P also remembers the position in the track, and it's free :-)
PocketPlayer's not free, but it's hardly expensive either, and the trial version lets you try everything.

robydago

« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2009, 07:32:49 am »

edbro

« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2009, 08:03:28 am »

Kinoma Play
Pages: [1]   Go Up