INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Will Product Key for MC 13 work for version 11?  (Read 1206 times)

Cast0077

• Recent member
Will Product Key for MC 13 work for version 11?
« on: May 20, 2009, 09:50:42 am »

Hello I am interested in buying MC to use with netremote but I can't get it setup the way I would like. I know someone that has everthing setup the way I would like but he is using version 11. If I was to purchased new version would I be able use product code for 11?

DarkPenguin

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Will Product Key for MC 13 work for version 11?
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2009, 09:59:30 am »

Nope.  Sometimes they'll go back a version but not 3.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2009, 10:02:47 am »

There are now several options that could replace Netremote.  Please see our Third Party Plug-ins board.

Rivermote
XPTunes
HTTP Remote Control

They all work with MC13.

Cast0077

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2009, 10:09:02 am »

Ok well this is for my home automation project that I am working on. I am using Girder to control my whole house audio, lights, and more. I then use netremote to control all that. I'll try posting the problem I am having in another thread and see if I can get it fix and just use 13 I guess.

jwilson56

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2009, 08:28:37 am »

There are now several options that could replace Netremote.  Please see our Third Party Plug-ins board.

Rivermote
XPTunes
HTTP Remote Control

They all work with MC13.

Well if they are trying to display the current playing track of a Winamp stream and they are getting that information from the 'name' field of the MC database then I am afraid that it will not work any better. Version 13 does not update the 'name' field with the current playing track of the Winamp stream as version 11 does. It is either something that got broke or was intentionally changed for whatever reason.

So stop blaming external applications for something that has changed in MC. I am not putting down MC at all... in fact I have always recommended it to others such as Cast0077 as its one of the best database/players. Just wish they could address this problem as its the only problem I can see over the older version.

John
Now Playing skin creator - NetRemote 2.0 / 6 Zone whole house audio delivering 1580 watts RMS total

Visit My Nowplaying Blog
Pages: [1]   Go Up