INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: File type  (Read 1353 times)

MikeD_72

File type
« on: May 21, 2009, 08:00:56 pm »

I enjoy using Media Jukebox, but I am very annoyed by the fact that all my associated audio files are now "Media Jukebox Files" when I view them in windows explorer.  This has created a big problem for me because in some cases I have multiple copies of the same audio file but in different formats (wav, mp3, wma).  When I try to sort and group my audio files by file type, it doesn't work because they all share the same file type description: "Media Jukebox File".  How can I go back to unique descriptions for each file?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: File type
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2009, 07:30:05 am »

In MJ options, tell MJ not to associate with the files.  Tell whatever program you want to be associated with them.

Or only associate MP3 files, for example.

MikeD_72

Re: File type
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2009, 10:55:31 pm »

Thanks for the feedback.  I figured out another way to fix it before your post.  In Explorer I went to Tools->Folder Options->File Types and scrolled down to mp3.  I clicked on Advanced and made note of the Actions and their settings because I wanted to preserve the right-click functionality in Explorer.  Back at the File Types screen I clicked the "New" button, entering mp3 as the extension and then clicking the Advanced tab so that I could select the Associated File Type - this is what I needed to change in the first place.  I selected "mp3 file" from the list, and after over-writing the old extension, I restored the right-click actions I made note of earlier.

I did the same for wav and wma files.  It wasn't the quickest thing, but it worked perfectly and now I'm back in business with my sorting and grouping within Explorer.
Pages: [1]   Go Up