INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC14 -- Available with MC13.0.171 purchase  (Read 7938 times)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
MC14 -- Available with MC13.0.171 purchase
« on: May 23, 2009, 08:02:06 am »

In answer to a few questions....

When?
Early versions of MC14 won't be available for a few months.

How much?
MC14 -- new license -- $49.98
MC14 -- upgrade  -- $24.98
-- Prices may change at any time.

How to upgrade?
MJ8, MC9 through MC13 can be upgraded at the discounted price.  One of these must be installed and licensed in order to get the upgrade price.  Upgrading results in a full license, same as a new license.

What should I buy now?
Beginning with MC13.0.170, new purchasers of MC13 will receive an MC14 license.

Why now?
For business reasons, we don't have complete discretion on when to break from one version to another.  It typically happens about once a year.  This time, it went from August 8, 2008 to May 21, 2009 -- almost 10 months.  The one before was a little more than a year.

What about my recent purchase of MC13?
Thanks for your purchase.  We appreciate it.  

When you purchase early in the cycle, your license is good for a longer period.  When you purchase later in the cycle, you get a more mature program.  Neither is perfect.

We hope you understand that we have to decide when to switch.  We try to provide a buffer of several months where purchasers of the old version actually get a license for the new one.  This began yesterday with the availability MC13.0.170.  It uses an MC14 license, but also works with an MC13 license.  

When MC14 is first available, in a month or so, early versions will work with an MC13 license.  We will offer special pricing again on an MC14 license at that time.

Vocalpoint

Re: MC14 Licensing -- Available with MC13.0.170 purchase
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2009, 08:52:52 am »

Jim,

So I purchased MC13 last night around 8:00pm - for this very reason after reading your comments on the "v14 Discussion" thread...am I in for a v14 license?

Appreciate an update.

Cheers!

VP

tboy34

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Tim
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2009, 07:04:23 pm »

So since I purchased 13 when it practically came out, I will have to pay the full price?
tvk

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2009, 09:12:48 pm »

MC14 isn't out yet and won't be for a few months.  It will be around 5 or 6 months before it's released.

Thanks for your purchase.

221bBS

« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2009, 09:40:14 pm »

So since I purchased 13 when it practically came out, I will have to pay the full price?

You would pay the upgrade price of $24.98

terrya64

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2009, 03:50:47 pm »

I just upgraded mc12 to 13.0152 this weekend. Do I also get the free v14 license? or was I a day to early?
His mind is not for rent..to any god or government

ElQuia

• World Citizen
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2009, 04:02:03 pm »

A doubt: I have an 13 license . Paid $14.98 for upgrade from 12 on 2008/10/22
Am I entitled to an upgrade license for 14 or not?  ?

norm2002

« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2009, 04:17:40 pm »

Just bought the upgrade to 13.0.170. I received a license key which is described a being for v14. When I try to install the key I get an Unknown Error message. Any ideas? Unfortunately, I am leaving on vacation early tomorrow morning and will not return until June 6 so won't be able to test any solution. I tried also restoring the key from the internet but get the samer message. Registration Info shows it as unregistered.

ABx

• Recent member
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2009, 04:20:37 pm »

A doubt: I have an 13 license . Paid $14.98 for upgrade from 12 on 2008/10/22
Am I entitled to an upgrade license for 14 or not?  ?
I'm in the same spot; I got the v13 license early to use with the beta. I'm really hoping we don't get punished for participating in the beta, otherwise I'm not inclined to participate.

HTPC4ME

• LIFE IS A RADIO... CRANK IT UP TO 11!
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2009, 04:39:33 pm »

is there a feature list for 14 available yet?

I'm interested in finding out if a pdf\.cbr viewer will be incorporated into 14 before purchsing my upgrade.

TY

Paul M

• Recent member
  • Teacher
« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2009, 05:03:43 pm »

So, will MC 14 be compatible with iTunes 8+?  Zune? 

Also, in the feature list, will there be a list of compatible music and phone devices?

Thanks.

Paul
Thought, Passion, and Action

harrydr

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2009, 05:08:56 pm »

I'm in the same spot; I got the v13 license early to use with the beta. I'm really hoping we don't get punished for participating in the beta, otherwise I'm not inclined to participate.
???I also upgrated from 12 to 13 beta, hope we will not trown out.

krupted

• Recent member
  • Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2009, 05:21:45 pm »

prices on the rise... i guess jriver is struggling for cash, but $25 for an upgrade is lame.   Ive bought the last 3 versions, $25 to upgrade this time is honestly too much for me to continue to support this media player.   unless there is a special that goes on or something, i think winamp might find it's way back into my everyday life...  that's one player that has surprised me how well they have continued to support and update it.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2009, 05:47:20 pm »

I've bought the last 3 versions, $25 to upgrade this time is honestly too much for me to continue to support this media player.   unless there is a special that goes on or something, ...
If you download MC13.0.170, you can get both MC13 and MC14 for $19.98 through Sunday, May 31, 2009.  13.0.170 works with an MC14 or an MC13 license.

http://wiki.jrmediacenter.com/index.php/Special

ggboy

• Recent member
« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2009, 06:02:52 pm »

Im in the same boat...and I want to no the same thing???

JimH

• Administrator

I split a couple of posts to a thread called What will be new in MC14?.

We're thinking.....

lalittle

• MC Beta Team

I'm just trying to fully understand the upgrade options given that I bought MC13 (beta) last year.  It sounds like it will actually be less expensive to buy ANOTHER MC13 "upgrade" license now, which until May 31, 2009 will be only 19.98 and will come with an MC14 license.  After May 31, it sounds like an MC14 upgrade will be 24.98 instead.

In other words, can those of us who bought MC13 last year purchase another MC13 upgrade now and save $5?  It's only a $5 difference, but my thinking is "why not save if I can."  Is this even possible -- i.e. is there a way for people with MC13 already on the system to buy the upgrade again?

Thanks for clarification on this,

Larry

JasonJoel

• Recent member
« Reply #17 on: May 26, 2009, 07:17:55 pm »

Same problem here. Bought the 13.0.170 a few minutes ago, was sent a license key.

When i try to install the license a dialog box says it was installed correctly, and then an IE window opens with a 'server error' page loaded. Checking the registration on my MC13, it says unregistered.

Tried restoring one of my precious 10 restores, that key wouldn't register it either. I assume there is an issue somewhere on J.R's side.

Any thoughts?

Jason Bottjen

Just bought the upgrade to 13.0.170. I received a license key which is described a being for v14. When I try to install the key I get an Unknown Error message. Any ideas? Unfortunately, I am leaving on vacation early tomorrow morning and will not return until June 6 so won't be able to test any solution. I tried also restoring the key from the internet but get the samer message. Registration Info shows it as unregistered.

johnnyboy

I'm just trying to fully understand the upgrade options given that I bought MC13 (beta) last year.  It sounds like it will actually be less expensive to buy ANOTHER MC13 "upgrade" license now, which until May 31, 2009 will be only 19.98 and will come with an MC14 license.  After May 31, it sounds like an MC14 upgrade will be 24.98 instead.

In other words, can those of us who bought MC13 last year purchase another MC13 upgrade now and save $5?  It's only a $5 difference, but my thinking is "why not save if I can."  Is this even possible -- i.e. is there a way for people with MC13 already on the system to buy the upgrade again?

Thanks for clarification on this,

Larry

This is what I'm wondering too lol :)

edbro

It's crazy. I had to delete my MC 13 registry license info and import my old MC11 info just to get the upgrade price. But, it worked.

ludwigl

• Recent member
  • Lost... But having a great time!
« Reply #20 on: May 26, 2009, 08:16:19 pm »

Same issue. The provided MC14 lic does not seem to activate my MC13 I also get the pop up telling me all is well and the IE/FireFox Server Error page. What is up with that?

Same problem here. Bought the 13.0.170 a few minutes ago, was sent a license key.

When i try to install the license a dialog box says it was installed correctly, and then an IE window opens with a 'server error' page loaded. Checking the registration on my MC13, it says unregistered.

Tried restoring one of my precious 10 restores, that key wouldn't register it either. I assume there is an issue somewhere on J.R's side.

Any thoughts?

Jason Bottjen

Two Wire

• World Citizen
  • I'm a llama!

Just received an email for the $19.95 upgrade special. I am a registered user of MC 13 and have kept regular updates. However, I can not find where to buy this special. I looked in the help section, but no luck. I only spent about fifteen minutes looking, but it should not be that difficult to locate. Don't want to spend any more time on this. Where is the buy button?

jbony

• Recent member

In answer to a few questions....

When?
Early versions of MC14 won't be available for a few months.

How much?
MC14 -- new license -- $49.98
MC14 -- upgrade  -- $24.98
-- Prices may change at any time.

How to upgrade?
MJ8, MC9 through MC13 can be upgraded at the discounted price.  One of these must be installed and licensed in order to get the upgrade price.  Upgrading results in a full license, same as a new license.

What should I buy now?

Why now?
For business reasons, we don't have complete discretion on when to break from one version to another.  It typically happens about once a year.  This time, it went from August 8, 2008 to May 21, 2009 -- almost 10 months.  The one before was a little more than a year.

I tried to upgrade from MC12 to MC13 so I can get the free MC14 licence, but the upgrade price seems to show $22.98
instead of $19.98. Any idea?
Should I wait until tomorrow?

Thanks

JimH

• Administrator

I tried to upgrade from MC12 to MC13 so I can get the free MC14 licence, but the upgrade price seems to show $22.98
instead of $19.98. Any idea?
Should I wait until tomorrow?

Thanks
Download 13.0.170 from the top of this board.

heygng

• Recent member

How Lame.

I suppoerted Media Center 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, Game Over.

Way back less than a year ago the latest update to MC12 caused crash after crash ripping cd's and watching avi.

So I went back to 12.0.529.

Shortly after JRiver offers an upgrade to 13.

Purchased the upgrade to 13 and crash, crash crash my way back to 12.0.529. badgered to update everytime I open it.

Occasionaly try to use 13 and am surprised there are never any updates.

Today I learn J River decided to screw a select group of suckers who supported 13 and not include their license into 14.

ah hem " We here at J River want some more money today. Let's calculate the individuals we will alienate to sucker ratio. Great, the sucker count is high enough to warrant the plan. Pretty soon our customers will not even remember when the program worked and then we can sell it to them again."

As I said, lame

JimH

• Administrator

How Lame.

I suppoerted Media Center 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, Game Over.

Way back less than a year ago the latest update to MC12 caused crash after crash ripping cd's and watching avi.

So I went back to 12.0.529.

Shortly after JRiver offers an upgrade to 13.

Purchased the upgrade to 13 and crash, crash crash my way back to 12.0.529. badgered to update everytime I open it.

Occasionaly try to use 13 and am surprised there are never any updates.

Today I learn J River decided to screw a select group of suckers who supported 13 and not include their license into 14.

ah hem " We here at J River want some more money today. Let's calculate the individuals we will alienate to sucker ratio. Great, the sucker count is high enough to warrant the plan. Pretty soon our customers will not even remember when the program worked and then we can sell it to them again."

As I said, lame
If you have a problem with MC13, please post the details.

There's no need for you to send any money.  Sorry if you feel betrayed.

heygng

• Recent member

If you have a problem with MC13, please post the details.

Crashes when ripping cd's

Crashes when viewing avi files

MC 13.0.132 no updates available at this time yet download page shows 13.0.152 and you are selling 13.0170.

System is Vista Ultimate and problems don't exist in MC 12.0.529

221bBS

MC 13.0.132 no updates available at this time yet download page shows 13.0.152 and you are selling 13.0170.

The latest build is always posted on the forum, usually the very 1st post you see. Here's a link to 13.0170.

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=52031.0

If you still have problems I would turn logging on.

Help > logging...

Make MC 13 crash again. Start a new thread about the crash. Post the details of the crash, your system info

Help > system info

and the log from the crash.

Vocalpoint

What should I buy now?

Jim - can you clarify whether or not I qualified for a v14 license? I was a brand new purchaser and bought MC13 at or around 8:00pm this past Friday - right after reading your comments on the top of page 2 in this thread:

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=51962.50

But I do not believe that I had 13.0.170 installed when I hit the Buy button. I believe it was 13.0.169. Am I SOL or what?

Appreciate an update.

Cheers!

VP

Stargazer

• Junior Woodchuck

Hello Jim, 

I have been using MC12 for quite some time, and I have not kept up with the development of MC13. I downloaded a couple of versions but never managed to get them installed...

Anyway, I have to say that your e-mail special was a good idea... Giving MC14 with MC13.  I downloaded and installed MC13.170 and immediately liked the new display theme..... A single large cover image with the details to the right was a great idea... who ever thought of that one. 

MC as come a long way since MJ8, which is when I started using your program.

Thank You... for a great program. 

Chasoscar

• World Citizen
  • Being is Important......... being important is not
Cant get lisense to install :o(
« Reply #30 on: May 26, 2009, 11:56:15 pm »

Hi Jim...... been awhile
I hope this is the right thread for license problems.
I decided to go for this special. I used the link from the email that you sent out to MC subscribers and I upgraded from 11. I installed "14"(13.0.170) but the license did not install automatically. I then tried installing the license using the .mjr file and MC software said the license was installed successfully, but then IE opened(Firefox default) and gave me an error and when I checked under help it did not show my license was installed. I tried several times with the same results, even used up a couple of restores trying to get the license to install but could never get it to work...... Let me know if you can help or at least what I am doing wrong.
Thanx
chasoscar

4BYE

• Galactic Citizen

Here's my thought about this:

It seems it pays to wait. The first buyers in line are punished and the ones that hesitated are pulled over now with a free MC14...
The same trick of the music industry. Real fans buy a CD right away and then later a version with extra tracks etc. comes out.
(that's the way it is in the Netherlands)

I stick with MC 12 and will look for other software. I asked several times about the function to play my extracted DVD's from other HD's through library server or whatever solution they can think of from MC11 on. It seems it's not a big thing to them so 12 works fine for me for my audio files.

And also I think it's funny to make an offer on MC 14 where nobody knows what it will be. Again we can make suggestions to what should be in MC 14.  ?
I think you should inform people at least a little bit what to expect in MC 14 before you sell it.

There's only one thing I need in MC 14: a way to have my vob files played throughout the house from different HD's connected to my server.  ;D

mrgrimm

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
Re: Cant get lisense to install :o(
« Reply #32 on: May 27, 2009, 02:47:51 am »

Hi Jim...... been awhile
I hope this is the right thread for license problems.
I decided to go for this special. I used the link from the email that you sent out to MC subscribers and I upgraded from 11. I installed "14"(13.0.170) but the license did not install automatically. I then tried installing the license using the .mjr file and MC software said the license was installed successfully, but then IE opened(Firefox default) and gave me an error and when I checked under help it did not show my license was installed. I tried several times with the same results, even used up a couple of restores trying to get the license to install but could never get it to work...... Let me know if you can help or at least what I am doing wrong.
Thanx
chasoscar

Sorry I can't help you. I just wanted to say Yeah me too! I paid for it. It said it was complete. But when I opened Media Center and checked Registration Info It stated it was not registered. I clicked on install license and then found the license I saved on my hard drive. It stated the license was installed sucessfully. But, in the program it was STILL not registered.  Please help!

JimH

• Administrator

Sorry I can't help you. I just wanted to say Yeah me too! I paid for it. It said it was complete. But when I opened Media Center and checked Registration Info It stated it was not registered. I clicked on install license and then found the license I saved on my hard drive. It stated the license was installed sucessfully. But, in the program it was STILL not registered.  Please help!
Build 171 will solve this problem:

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=52111.0

ludwigl

• Recent member
  • Lost... But having a great time!

Thank You! Registration issue resolved with new build.

JimH

• Administrator

I've split some posts to new threads:

Problems with pricing

Problems with licensing
Pages: [1]   Go Up