INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Feature request: Play preferences for libraries  (Read 1066 times)

chriswale

• World Citizen
Feature request: Play preferences for libraries
« on: May 25, 2009, 04:11:29 am »

Hi,

I have two libraries in Media Center. One for music, and one for photos.
For playback, I like to shuffle my music, but not my photos.

When I open the music library I set the play preference to shuffle [on], and when I open the photo library I set to shuffle [off].
When switching between the two libraries, I always have to change the shuffle preference.

My request is a simple one: please add feature that 'remembers' the play preferences for a particular library.
Makes sense, would work, and would benefit all users.  ;)

That's all, thank you.

Chris

lise

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Feature request: Play preferences for libraries
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2009, 12:29:45 pm »

I too would like this. I would prefer if even more preferences were linked to the library rather than the program.

Case in point. I'm trying MC for data on my laptop, so I have a Documents library. I want MC to auto import all files in My Documents.

For music, I connect to the main database on the HTPC via library sync. I have to have that set to not auto import anything.

I haven't attempted to go from one library to the other yet, because this concerns me. The last thing I want is to import Documents into my perfectly organized and very public HTPC.

There are other issues as well. In the Documents library, I want to hide all other elements from the tree, I want the database to open in Documents, etc. Not so for the media library.
A wise man once said don't count your years, but make your years count. Or was it beers?
Pages: [1]   Go Up