INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Windows 7 and MC12  (Read 2541 times)

bissen.1

Windows 7 and MC12
« on: May 25, 2009, 05:44:34 am »

How's it working with Windows 7 RC2? I must say that I am flat out dissapointed with my current version (MC12 - 120543 build).

I am running Vista on 1 PC, XP on another and just upgraded the third one to WIN7. There has been no problems on the Laptop running XP, but MC12 consistently crashed when I was to burn a CD from my music library. My Jukebox is running on a LG SF1730 TouchScreen (with Vista on it).

I won't go out and spend xxx amount of $ on an upgrade to MC14 without knowing that it will be what I need. I originally heard of MC from the Girder forums and the had all but praise as to the qualities of MC. I bought my MC12 in March 2008 and I am therefore not eligible to a free upgrade (should have bought it in October 2008). I am getting tired of installing demo versions with a time limit on them and since I am not about to spend additional $ on an upgrade, which may- may not work I am bound to go back to Windows Media Center - a program way inferior to MC12, except for my burn/crash problems in Vista.

That's all for me for now. I just needed to let out some steam and I hope none of you will take offense. If so - be gentle, please...

Rgds.

Bjørn

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Windows 7 and MC12
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2009, 07:48:31 am »

MC13 is running well on Windows 7.

Normally, if you have a problem, just post the details here and someone can probably help.

Draiko

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2009, 11:58:34 pm »

MC13 is running well on Windows 7.

Normally, if you have a problem, just post the details here and someone can probably help.

With the exception of playing files from portable devices as per my previous thread.. Do yourself a favour Bjørn and stick to XP.. If it's not broke, don't fix it  ;D

Draiko

bissen.1

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2009, 09:49:43 am »

@JimH
I believe that you're right about MC13 working well on Windows 7. However I won't upgrade for now as I find it tedious to reinstall MC12, in case it doesn't. It took what seemed like a fortnight for MC12 (and any other Music Jukebox for that matter) to analyse my audiofiles (approx. 30.000 - I used to have a record label) and as such I am not prone to do it all over again.

One thing though. You should go to www.mp3touchscreens.com and have a look at TouchTone (developed by Tony). It could probably integrate seamlessly with MCxx as it is just a skin developed for use with touchscreens. If you need additional info, then please don't hesitate contacting me through the forum or directly.

Rgds.
Bjørn

@Draiko
You're right. If it's not broken - don't fix it. I was wondering whether to mend my wife or not. It seems like that there are some incompatibility issues from time to time. Maybe an upgrade to W.v.2 is in order.  ;)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2009, 10:01:30 am »

... I won't upgrade for now as I find it tedious to reinstall MC12, in case it doesn't. It took what seemed like a fortnight for MC12 (and any other Music Jukebox for that matter) to analyse my audiofiles (approx. 30.000 - I used to have a record label) and as such I am not prone to do it all over again.
You don't need to uninstall 12.  MC12 and MC13 can co-exist.  You could uninstall MC13 if you didn't like it.

bissen.1

« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2009, 11:39:26 am »

@JimH

Hi Jim.
Sounds great that MC12/MC13 can co-exist. Maybe I'll give it a try within the near future. Unfortunately I'm pretty hooked up on the COP15 Climate conference in Copenhagen as we have to have our EV car ready by then. It is going to kick some pretty serious bum to the Tesla EV, as well as any other existing EV.

Thanks for the swift reply, but I reckon' it's morning in the US whereas it's dinnertime in Denmark.

Over'n out!

Bjørn

Mr ChriZ

• :-D
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2009, 12:20:39 pm »

It is going to kick some pretty serious bum to the Tesla EV, as well as any other existing EV.

Intriguing  ;D

bissen.1

« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2009, 01:29:35 pm »

@Mr ChriZ

Yes innit'  ;D

More 2 follow as we have a 15 yr. guarantee on the battery pack and a recharge time of approx. 3 minutes. As well as a full fledged SW program emulating the exterior sounds of 10 different cars inside the car. Now there's something for the car enthusiast loving the sound of a Ferrari, or McLaren F1 without obstructing the peace and quietness outside of the car.

Mr ChriZ

• :-D
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2009, 05:38:00 pm »

As well as a full fledged SW program emulating the exterior sounds of 10 different cars inside the car. Now there's something for the car enthusiast loving the sound of a Ferrari, or McLaren F1 without obstructing the peace and quietness outside of the car.

Ah but you were doing so well...No one got rich by mimicking something else.   This is 2009 ;-)
If you're going to mimic then at least something from the future how about the turbo button from Battle Star Galactica, or Kit from Knight Rider  ;D
Pages: [1]   Go Up