INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Removing 'Confirm Deletion'?  (Read 2024 times)

Lautermilch

• Recent member
Removing 'Confirm Deletion'?
« on: May 28, 2009, 08:40:41 pm »

Is there any hope for removing the confirm deletion? Why not add an option to send to the recycle bin so that deletions can be done with out confirming? It is as annoying as Windows Vista permission pop ups.

Frobozz

• Citizen of the Universe
  • There is a small mailbox here.
Re: Removing 'Confirm Deletion'?
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2009, 09:46:50 pm »

No.  You don't want that confirmation dialog removed (at least I certainly don't).  That is a case where delete actually can mean delete where the files are gone.

The recycle bin is not reliable and you should not rely on it to recover from an accidental mass deletion.  The recycle bin is limited in size and if too many files are deleted at once it will bump files from the recycle bin as it overflows.

If you trust the recycle bin so much then select every file in your library and delete them.  See how many of them you are able to recover from the recycle bin.  If your library is large enough you will lose files.

The UAC prompts in Vista are also a good thing.  Computers are not omnipotent.  They can't figure out what is best based on your feelings and context.  They have to ask, and it is best for them not to assume.

Lautermilch

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2009, 09:52:26 pm »

I would like to easily be able to remove the genres that I do not want. I don't need someone holding my hand when I cross the street or deleting a file.
the software should have an option for removing the conformation. About every other program I have used that can delete files does have an option to remove warnings.

As for the Vista warnings, about everyone is sick of them.

gappie

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2009, 03:34:07 am »

you could use shift+delete and than enter. if you get the message with the story about the recycle, you can disable that one.

:)
gab

cncb

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2009, 08:02:30 am »

I like the delete dialog to be shown but I think it should at least remember the previous selection in the dialog.  When deleting photos in the "single photo view" it is a pain having to re-select the last radio button every time.
-Craig    MO 4Media remote and player:  Android/TV/Auto | iOS | Windows 10/UWP

Lautermilch

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2009, 08:24:57 am »

you could use shift+delete and than enter. if you get the message with the story about the recycle, you can disable that one.

:)
gab

Shift delete does the same thing as delete when in genre view.

gappie

« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2009, 04:31:09 pm »

Shift delete does the same thing as delete when in genre view.

well.. not for me.. to be more clear you get the same message as delete, but the choise of deleting is set to delete to recycle bin instead of delete from library only, so shift +delete folowed by enter does the trick..
Pages: [1]   Go Up