INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Help with excluding  (Read 1214 times)

hax-

Help with excluding
« on: May 29, 2009, 09:38:20 pm »

First of all, I want to say, I am using the demo version and what I see so far looks fantastic, I have already considered buying this and recommended a friend even, its some fancy stuff man, kudos...

Now, I have one issue with my folders though...

I have burned a couple of my movies from dvd to avi format and put them into seperate directories.  Cartoons, Movies, and TV Shows.

Though its only like 1 file per folder at the moment this still bugs me (I added the directories, and it seems as if it adds itself again (this directory))

Also, in theatre view, is there a way to take away the 'delete' option from there as well?  I was looking through the customize toolbar options everywhere but I can't seem to find a way to get it off.

Anywho, kudos on the software and sorry for rambling.  But yeah, I really just need a way of excluding a directory specificly with a rule or filter or something.

P.S.

A scripting language would be awsome with this ;)

red86

• Recent member
Re: Help with excluding
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2009, 12:49:11 am »

I am sure there are a number of ways to do this (I am new to the software as well but recently registered)...  I would suggest creating a new view under the video tab (right click --> Add Library View --> Empty View)...  You can mess around to get the feel that you want, but to exclude certain directories, in the OPTIONS section of the window, look for the "ADVANCED" tab...  You have to expand it, but you will get some more choices...

Click "...set rules for file display" and then under "RULES" scroll down to "Filename (path)...  the next choice for your purpose in the next pulldown box would probably be "is not", then the last part is the directory you want to exclude.

E.g.

<<Filename (path)...>>  <<is not...>>  <<B:\Videos\Video Directory to Exclude>>

Conversely, you could set a custom view to show you only the videos from a certain directory with something like:

<<Filename (path)...>>  <<is>>  <<B:\Videos\Video Directory to Include>>

Lots of ways to do one thing, with various pros and cons (e.g. compatibility with library server:  if you are streaming the files over a network, absolute paths are probably not the way to go.)

Hope this helps.

Pages: [1]   Go Up