INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Question about tagging rules for Video Collection  (Read 1209 times)

red86

• Recent member
Question about tagging rules for Video Collection
« on: May 30, 2009, 12:40:26 am »

I am pretty sure this is built in functionality but I am not quite familiar enough with the tagging wizard to pull it off.

My home videos are placed in folders in a format like this:  01-01-2009 - Party.

I organized all of my home videos from a digital camera into a custom library view and added a pane to sort by Filepath.  This lets me see each set of clips by their folder name (which is ideal.)

The files themselves are named like VID001, VID002, etc...  The problem is that some of the files were deleted and the naming format is not what I am after.  What I want to is rename the actual files in a fashion such as:

[Folder Name] - ["Video"] - #? (number generated based on date modified to keep the same order as when originally filmed)]

I don't doubt this is doable, but what's the best way to do this in MC13's "Rename, move, and copy" files tool?  I am assuming it will be the field I need to input for "Filename (rule)".

Thanks!

red86

• Recent member
Re: Question about tagging rules for Video Collection
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2009, 01:14:10 am »

Surely there is something I can do (Even with a script) to tag the video files incrementally...  eg turning S1224.avi, S24235.avi into....

Holiday [1],
Holiday [2]

Any suggestions?

thanks!

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2009, 06:58:15 am »

You can select a few files, then right click and choose Library Tools.

There, you can choose Rename Files from Properties.

If your files had tags like "Holiday" and Track "1", you could probably rename them as shown.  You'll need to experiment.

One more thing that will help is that MC can do "Fill track number from list order" (title from memory).

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2009, 08:54:51 am »

[Folder Name] - ["Video"] - #? (number generated based on date modified to keep the same order as when originally filmed)]

Why not just use Date(Filename friendly)?  It will give you the right order, and tell you which date the video is taken?
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

darichman

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2009, 01:55:10 am »

I use date (filename friendly).

If you wanted incremental numbers, you could try this though:

1. Make sure the files are in the order you want them to be in... Right click > Library Tools > Fill track numbers from list order
2. The Right click again > Rename Files from properties > Type in Holiday [Track #]
Pages: [1]   Go Up