INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Last.fm plugin doesn't seem to work consistantly  (Read 1653 times)

TheLongshot

• Junior Woodchuck
Last.fm plugin doesn't seem to work consistantly
« on: May 30, 2009, 03:05:07 pm »

I'm a recent upgrade to 13 from 12 and I used the Last.fm plugin very successfully with the last release.  Unfortunately, the scrobbler on this one doesn't work all the time.  It seems when I switch to "now playing" it doesn't scrobble anything.  It works again if I go to the Last.fm plugin.  Also, when I pause and restart a track later, it will scrobble a song multiple times.  It is a behavior I noticed with my Sansa, but MC never behaved like that, not to mention that it seems to put an additional entry in there somewhere where I restart the track.

TheLongshot

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: Last.fm plugin doesn't seem to work consistantly
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2009, 08:27:05 am »

No ideas after a day and a half?  For me this is pretty serious and I'll probably go back to 12 if there isn't a resolution to this.

221bBS

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2009, 09:55:33 am »

The plugin is working fine for me, try turning off any 3rd party plugin you have.

gappie

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2009, 10:15:15 am »

I'm a recent upgrade to 13 from 12 and I used the Last.fm plugin very successfully with the last release.  Unfortunately, the scrobbler on this one doesn't work all the time.  It seems when I switch to "now playing" it doesn't scrobble anything.  It works again if I go to the Last.fm plugin.  Also, when I pause and restart a track later, it will scrobble a song multiple times.  It is a behavior I noticed with my Sansa, but MC never behaved like that, not to mention that it seems to put an additional entry in there somewhere where I restart the track.

have you enabled 'run the plugin when media center starts' in the options of the plugin?

:)
gab

TheLongshot

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2009, 10:48:37 am »

The plugin is working fine for me, try turning off any 3rd party plugin you have.

I just installed MC 13.  I wouldn't have any 3rd party plugins, would I?

And yes, the checkbox is checked in the options for the control.

221bBS

« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2009, 11:29:58 am »

Now that I think back I did have the same problem, but not sure if it was with MC13 or 12. Also not sure how I fixed the problem. I did a search and found this

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=46854.msg321180#msg321180

might help but you have to edit your registry.

TheLongshot

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2009, 12:07:33 am »

Now that I think back I did have the same problem, but not sure if it was with MC13 or 12. Also not sure how I fixed the problem. I did a search and found this

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=46854.msg321180#msg321180

might help but you have to edit your registry.

Yep, that did solve the problem.  Thanks.

Unfortunately, the double entries if I pause and restart a track still exist.
Pages: [1]   Go Up