INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC Crashes when I disconnect the TV from the PC  (Read 1147 times)

knasil2

• Recent member
MC Crashes when I disconnect the TV from the PC
« on: May 31, 2009, 06:25:40 am »

Hi,
I have a Toshiba Qosmio G40 running Windows Vista connected to a Philips Flatscreen TV trough a HDMI cable. MC does its job OK and I am able to watch movies on the TV using the Qosmio built-in HDMI interfase. However, when I decide to switch to music and I turn off the TV, MC crashes, becoming irresponsive. If I connect the TV back again, sometimes it regains control and comes back. It is quite annoying, because it means that I have to restart the computer everytime I finish watching a movie. I have reinstalled JMRC to the lastest version and tried every possible setting combination... Any ideas?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: MC Crashes when I disconnect the TV from the PC
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2009, 06:45:46 am »

That could be video driver related.  Try updating DirectX from Microsoft.  If that doesn't work, try updating the video driver.

More details about what you're doing in MC at the time might help.

Also take a look at the link called "Stability" in my signature.

knasil2

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2009, 12:37:49 pm »

Hi
Thanks for your prompt reply. I think I am currently using the latest version of Directshow and the rest of the drivers. However, I noticed a similar crash when I try to run MC remotely from another machine using the windows remote desktop connection. If MC is open at fullscreen (the top right icon besides the "close" icon is activated) the progran works OK remotely. When the program is open with a size smaller than fullscreen, the program crashes remotely... the funny thing is that when I close the remote session and log into the local machine, the program is still running but with a size much bigger than the fullsize of the the local machine (e.g., only part of MC is showing).

MC also crashes when I try to play or rip a CD from the remote machine. If I close the remote session and go back to the local machine, the program behaves normally again.

I think all these crashes have to do with MC trying to find the proper screen size and becoming irresponsive while it does that... I hope this is not too confusing!

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2009, 12:43:11 pm »

Maybe I've missed it, but what are you playing?  A DVD?  An MPG file?

I should have advised updating Directx from Microsoft above.
Pages: [1]   Go Up