INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Where is Picture Date Read From?  (Read 2047 times)

edbro

• Citizen of the Universe
Where is Picture Date Read From?
« on: May 31, 2009, 07:58:41 pm »

I imported some photos that were taken with the wrong date in the camera. MC categorized them with that date. I went back and changed the exif data and the IPTC data to the correct date. But, MC still shows them with the incorrect date. So, what field is MC using for this? So far I have changed:
EXIF Date/Time original
EXIF Date/Time digitized
EXIF Date/Time Camera
IPTC Date/Time Created
IPTC Date/Time Released

Is there a field I'm missing? I tried to get MC to update library from tags but that didn't change it. I've deleted them from the library and reimported them . I even tried creating a new library and importing them but MC still shows the wrong date. So, there must be some obscure field MC uses that I can't see.

edbro

Re: Where is Picture Date Read From?
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2009, 08:22:25 pm »

Bump.
Can someone point me to the correct field please?

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2009, 08:28:10 pm »

With a test file, try removing tags, then updating the library from tags.  If the JPEG has a JRiver XML tag it will use that first so you may need to remove tags.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

edbro

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2009, 08:44:51 pm »

Okay, I deleted all tags, removed from Library and reimported. This time it did not assign it a date named album so I manually created one. I guess the only way to do this is to manually delete and create the proper named date albums. I was hoping there was a way to get MC to do it automatically the way it does when it first imports them as I have a bunch to fix.

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2009, 01:14:05 am »

Must be something strange going on there.

When I need to do that here, I change the EXIF: Date\Time Original and the EXIF: Date\Time Digitized fields to the correct values, and when the changes are saved, auto import picks up the external changes and updates the MC date field using the new EXIF dates.

The only thing missing for me is the ability to do this EXIF date update using MC rather than a 3rd party app. Would be really handy, especially for those old photos that get scanned and always wind up with the windows 'date modified' as their dates!

edbro, could you perhaps post a link to one of the photos?

-marko.

darichman

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2009, 03:47:54 am »

The only thing missing for me is the ability to do this EXIF date update using MC rather than a 3rd party app. Would be really handy, especially for those old photos that get scanned and always wind up with the windows 'date modified' as their dates!

Yes I'd get some serious usage out of that feature...!

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2009, 03:57:18 am »

Another possibility...

Do the photos in question have Exif GPS location tags?
Pages: [1]   Go Up