INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Album/Tag Lookup Wierdness  (Read 1152 times)

nwboater

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Album/Tag Lookup Wierdness
« on: May 31, 2009, 11:00:27 pm »

I'm a fairly new user with MC and am in the process of ripping about 200 CDs. Using what seems to be the standard automatic way to lookup album information when inserting a disc and telling it to Rip, it is finding very few of my CDs. Even if I right click on the tracks and ask it to lookup on YADB it doesn't do any better.

In searching on this forum I found a very interesting post by 'Frobozz':

"I think there is some confusion about YADB.  There are two parts, the track lookup and the CD lookup.   Some of the confusion with the CD lookup may also be due to some important functionality being hidden behind an obscure right-click context menu.  I was using MC a while before I stumbled on that context menu.  It would be better to duplicate what is in the context menu in the CD ripping UI where the "Play", "Rip Tracks" and "Edit Disc Information" buttons are.

The obscure context menu is accessed by right-clicking on the CD in the "Drives & Devices" tree.  There you will get options to "Submit to Online Database", "Update from Online Database" and "Update from CDPlayer.ini"."

So now I do as he suggest above - right click on the CD - and it finds almost all of my CDs. Having to use this procedure doesn't make any sense in the ripping work flow however. And I certainly didn't find it in any instructions.

Now that I'm done grumbling I have a question. Before finding the above method for locating CD info I Ripped 'John Denvers Greatest Hits, Vol 3'. No Album or Track info was found, yet by right clicking on the CD it has all the info. To avoid re-ripping I have tried to copy and paste the album/track info from the successful CD lookup to the ripped album in the library. That didn't work. Is there another way of transferring that info short of re-ripping? I have a few more Ripped CDs with the same situation.

BTW I do have 'Allow automatic CD Lookup/Submission' checked in settings.

Thanks,
Rod
Pages: [1]   Go Up