INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC13 creating duplicates when synching to portable device  (Read 1059 times)

Rob L

• Galactic Citizen
MC13 creating duplicates when synching to portable device
« on: June 01, 2009, 02:36:14 am »

I'm now using 13.0.171, but can't tell when this problem actually started - I only just noticed the problem, but suspect it's been around for quite a few versions.

I use an Archos 5, in WMDM mode (which I need for some DRMed content).

I'm transferring a mixture of music formats - some MP3, some WMADRM and some WMA lossless. The Archos 5 doesn't actually support WMA lossless, so it's getting converted to FLAC on the fly as it transfers.

And it's this latter format that seems to be the problem - MC13 is failing to detect that it's already transferred the music and is creating duplicates. If I tell it to transfer an album manually, rather than it detecting that it's already on there, it just queues it up for transfer again, and creates extra versions of the files. This makes it pretty useless for me at the moment - it looks like the easiest way for me is going to be to delete it all and start again, but this is going to take a very long time to do, and it still leaves me with the problem that it won't detect that albums are already on there...

I'm pretty sure this used to work, I just can't remember how long ago :-(

Thanks,
Rob
Pages: [1]   Go Up