INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: IS 3D VIEW POSSIBLE IN THEATER MODE?  (Read 3269 times)

markzaar

• Recent member
IS 3D VIEW POSSIBLE IN THEATER MODE?
« on: June 01, 2009, 01:13:28 pm »

When i am in 3d cover view mode and go to theater mode it crashes? is 3d not available in theater mode or is there some trick?

MrHaugen

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: IS 3D VIEW POSSIBLE IN THEATER MODE?
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2009, 05:17:41 pm »

It's not available from Theater View, no. But I hope it will some day. Why it crashes I have no idea of though.
- I may not always believe what I'm saying

)p(

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2009, 12:43:39 am »

It's not available from Theater View, no. But I hope it will some day.

It is available...you need to label the menu items as: Showroom
My girlfriend loves it for browsing through pictures...
Hopefully Matt will look at this again soon and give us proper aspectratio's and maybe skinnable frame bitmaps then it will be perfect :)

peter

MrHaugen

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2009, 03:04:16 am »

Whooot? Omg. I'll try it out right away.

Daydream

« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2009, 03:07:59 am »

See, now I'm really curious if markzaar above understood what you were trying to convey. People must love to be introduced straight into... how should we call this... Easter Eggs of MC?! :) I mean since we're discussing manuals, and wikis, and other permutations of knowledge in a thread nearby. Should we have an Easter Eggs section in wiki? :)

On a side note, can you describe in more detail your experience with Showroom? As in fluency of motion, resolution, stuff shooting outside the screen by a wide margin, etc.

MrHaugen

« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2009, 03:18:39 am »

Beautifull. Just beautifull! What a day :) Works just as I hoped it would.
Now we just have to get scrolling to work on album tracks. Can't display more than 10 tracks or so now :(

)p(

« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2009, 04:33:22 am »

On a side note, can you describe in more detail your experience with Showroom? As in fluency of motion, resolution, stuff shooting outside the screen by a wide margin, etc.

Its the same as the 3d view in standard view...so how it works there for you it will be the same in theaterview. Its perfectly smooth for me and when you close in on a thumb it seamlessly loads a high resolution version of the bitmap. Nice touch! I don't use it myself because without proper aspect ratios the images just look weird to me...  ;)

peter

MrHaugen

« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2009, 05:58:00 am »

To use it on Music Albums is nice though. And Series would be great too, but you would have to have the ability to choose wich thumbnail is loaded as the front thumbnail. Or if you had a way to set a small captition text under the thumbs, that would also work. This would be so cool for DVD browsing, with an alternativ info panel position, directly under the showroom thumbnails.

HomeyJay

• Recent member
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2009, 09:04:02 am »

As a newbie, pls can some one explain exactly how to acheive this? I know that this is a hugely powerful program but I'm finding it hard to get my head around some things (like this)!!
 ?

HomeyJay

• Recent member
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2009, 09:11:33 am »

OMG! I just got it, it's really that simple??
It's now showing a few bits of album art - around 20 and nothing else. How do I get it to show only my photos?

HomeyJay

• Recent member
« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2009, 10:34:01 am »

OK, I worked it out but it does crash when there's a lot of photos - I have over 5k and I can make it crash every time!

ukahfur

• Recent member
« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2009, 02:17:15 pm »

I would very much like to be able to access the 3D Wall from theater view. How do you do it? I don't understand those instructions: "label the menu items as: Showroom"

Thanks

ukahfur

• Recent member
« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2009, 03:18:11 pm »

Nevermind, I figured it out. I use MC almost exclusively in Theater View on my HTPC/Big Screen. This view is absolutely beautiful and navigation is smooth as silk. This is what I've been waiting for (almost)! Here are a few things that would greatly enhance showroom/3d view.

1) When you put your cursor over an album, text appears somewhere showing the artist name/album name (perhaps at the bottom of the screen? It shows down there when you are scrolling, but not when you stop on an album)

2) It would be really nice if some of the other playing options which are available in other views were also available in this view, such as Add as next to play, Add all shuffled, etc. It would be nice if these options appeared when you hit "OK" on your remote or "Enter" on the keyboard, or right clicked with your mouse. This would make this view much more usable.

3) It would be nice if, in this view, you could hit a letter on your keyboard (or number on your remote) and jump to artists starting with that letter (like you can in other views).  e.g., you hit "J" and it jumps to artists starting with the letter "J"

4) It would be really nice, if this view also showed artist/album/track info for the song that is currently playing, so that you didn't have to jump back and forth between this and the "playing now" screen.

hooli

• Recent member
« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2009, 05:28:55 pm »

I have yet to have the revelation of how this works.  How about a walk through?

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2009, 04:06:33 pm »

Nevermind, I figured it out. I use MC almost exclusively in Theater View on my HTPC/Big Screen. This view is absolutely beautiful and navigation is smooth as silk. This is what I've been waiting for (almost)! Here are a few things that would greatly enhance showroom/3d view.

1) When you put your cursor over an album, text appears somewhere showing the artist name/album name (perhaps at the bottom of the screen? It shows down there when you are scrolling, but not when you stop on an album)

2) It would be really nice if some of the other playing options which are available in other views were also available in this view, such as Add as next to play, Add all shuffled, etc. It would be nice if these options appeared when you hit "OK" on your remote or "Enter" on the keyboard, or right clicked with your mouse. This would make this view much more usable.

3) It would be nice if, in this view, you could hit a letter on your keyboard (or number on your remote) and jump to artists starting with that letter (like you can in other views).  e.g., you hit "J" and it jumps to artists starting with the letter "J"

4) It would be really nice, if this view also showed artist/album/track info for the song that is currently playing, so that you didn't have to jump back and forth between this and the "playing now" screen.

The reason this feature is hidden in Media Center 13 is because it still needs some polish.  All the ideas you listed are good, and I hope they'll happen in Media Center 14.

I'd like to see the player, and especially Theater View, keep moving towards richer 3D views like this.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2009, 04:07:49 pm »

I have yet to have the revelation of how this works.  How about a walk through?

Options > Theater View

Click "Audio" or "Images" under Items to Show

Pick Add... > Library Item

Change the name to "Showroom" under Details

Go to Theater View, enter Audio or Images, and then select "Showroom" from the view selection roller.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up