INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Files Not Deleted When Renaming, Moving & Copying Files  (Read 1923 times)

garylynch

• Recent member
Files Not Deleted When Renaming, Moving & Copying Files
« on: June 04, 2009, 06:43:52 am »

When using the tool to rename files, it does rename and move into new folder but does NOT delete cleanly the old folders (they remain with a copy of the album art in there).

prod

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Play nice
Re: Files Not Deleted When Renaming, Moving & Copying Files
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2009, 06:53:29 am »

MC will only delete empty folders.

To do what you're asking you could also import your album art into MC and include it in your rename command, that way everything would be moved and the folder will be empty and therefore deleted.

garylynch

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2009, 06:56:07 am »

Thanks for the fast post - I think I'm just being a little thick here then - is there a display option I'm not using when looking at what's in my library?  I select all the items and choose rename, but that's only the tracks, not the album art....how do I get the album art (which I've stored in the same folder, using the MC option) to display so I rename/move that too?  Thanks.

dcwebman

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2009, 07:35:37 am »

Just import the cover art like you do the songs. They'll come in as images and you can tag them with the artist and album name so that they'll be renamed/moved when you do the songs.
Jeff

garylynch

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2009, 08:48:46 am »

OK - get it now - is there a way to set this up when ripping CDs.....so when it is doing a look up of the cover art, it's pulling that into the relevant folder as a .jpg file, but leaving it behind when I move folders...

If it could do a lookup of the cover art, store it in the folder AND add it to my library, I think I'd be sorted!  Otherwise I guess I just need to clear the library, re-import everything from the folders, then work on it afterwards?

Thanks!

garylynch

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2009, 09:08:48 am »

And one more thing....if I import the album art, where I haven't used Assorted (see other posted question!), then won't I have an album cover stored per track and have to tag each one of those independently?  Isn't there any way to tag by album name, and attach to all artist folders associated with that album?  Thanks.

garylynch

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2009, 10:10:26 am »

Sorry - and again - just tried re-importing everything and got the album art in - noticed the auto tagging by MC isn't consistent with the audio tagging rules I've set up - is it possible to set up album art tagging rules too, rather than just saying it should be in the same folder?  Thanks.

dcwebman

« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2009, 07:34:06 am »

If it could do a lookup of the cover art, store it in the folder AND add it to my library, I think I'd be sorted!  Otherwise I guess I just need to clear the library, re-import everything from the folders, then work on it afterwards?
That would be nice but it doesn't exist that I know. After I do my audio imports, tag everything including getting cover art, then I do another import which picks up the cover art files.

And one more thing....if I import the album art, where I haven't used Assorted (see other posted question!), then won't I have an album cover stored per track and have to tag each one of those independently?  Isn't there any way to tag by album name, and attach to all artist folders associated with that album?  Thanks.
For Assorted albums, set the Album Artist field for every song in that album to the same value, such as Assorted. Then the album name will be identical and when you store the cover art, it will be the same.

Sorry - and again - just tried re-importing everything and got the album art in - noticed the auto tagging by MC isn't consistent with the audio tagging rules I've set up - is it possible to set up album art tagging rules too, rather than just saying it should be in the same folder?  Thanks.
Not that I'm aware of.
Jeff
Pages: [1]   Go Up