INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: michaelb: Stalling problem (from log) [solved]  (Read 1311 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
michaelb: Stalling problem (from log) [solved]
« on: June 04, 2009, 01:58:47 pm »

From michaelb writing to logs at jriver dot com:

Since version 13.0.169, MC hangs for 15 seconds at a time while navigating through settings or browsing music. The music continues to play, however. I have enclosed the log file which I created immediately after the last hang. I have also tried all the latest versions and have rolled back to 13.0.166 without any success.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: michaelb: Stalling problem (from log)
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2009, 01:59:54 pm »

The log shows podcasting stalling.  I don't know why.  It could be a specific Podcast.

To test, disable Podcasting in Options > General > Advanced > Features and restart the program.

Depending on what happens, we can go from there.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

mojave

• MC Beta Team
  • Requires "iTunes or better" so I installed JRiver
Re: michaelb: Stalling problem (from log)
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2009, 04:24:42 pm »

The problem was sort of with Podcast and I figured out why it was hanging. I am using my work computer and we recently changed from have the My Documents folder redirected to the server to having it stored on the local computers. I had changed my folder locations elsewhere in MC but had never used Podcast and didn't realize I had to go to Tools > Options > Podcast > Podcast Directory and make a change. I have now upgraded to 13.0.171 and have no problems.

By the way, I checked the log files and found the instances where it was hanging. It was between 15.007 and 15.008 seconds each time. Looks like my 15 second guess was pretty good.  :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up