INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Editing the Wiki  (Read 1506 times)

ThoBar

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Was confishy
Editing the Wiki
« on: June 04, 2009, 10:45:46 pm »

While we're touching on the subject of the wiki, it'd be helpful to have a more functional editor for it - along the lines of TinyMCE or fckeditor.

To be honest, editing the wiki at the moment is a bit of a pain, and I'm not inclined to do it unless I'm feeling really inspired.

Also, I'd like to see the MC13 forum broken up into the more traditional Support, Feature Request, Discussion etc boards. This makes it easier for people to search for already solved problems as well as generally limiting the number of repeated discussions.

MrC

• Your life is short. Give me your money.
Editing the Wiki
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2009, 12:15:34 am »

To be honest, editing the wiki at the moment is a bit of a pain, and I'm not inclined to do it unless I'm feeling really inspired.

You are being polite.  Editing a wiki is like turning the clock back 25 years, and writing in roff/nroff/troff (google for those of you who don't know the reference).  There's just no reason to waste precious human life on such mundane tasks!
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

datdude

• MC Beta Team
Editing the Wiki
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2009, 01:00:46 am »

wizards ;)
"You are not a beautiful or unique snowflake." -  Just a very big snowball

datdude

• MC Beta Team
Editing the Wiki
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2009, 01:02:22 am »

While we're touching on the subject of the wiki, it'd be helpful to have a more functional editor for it - along the lines of TinyMCE or fckeditor.

Also, I'd like to see the MC13 forum broken up into the more traditional Support, Feature Request, Discussion etc boards. This makes it easier for people to search for already solved problems as well as generally limiting the number of repeated discussions.

That would be a great idea imho.
"You are not a beautiful or unique snowflake." -  Just a very big snowball

rick.ca

Editing the Wiki
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2009, 02:38:20 am »

There's just no reason to waste precious human life on such mundane tasks!

Edit: This seemed to be on topic (to me, anyway) when posted to A real manual? I don't have anything to say about editing wiki's.

And here I was thinking there must be some idle technical writers out there who need something to do while waiting out the recession. Considering I rather die than read a manual, I suppose writing one wouldn't be much fun. But I can imagine a "MC for Dummies" sort of book that wouldn't be so dry. If it were more about best practices for media organization and a general "how to" reference for a collection of good ideas—it would be more useful, easier to read and less time sensitive than a manual. Now that we've resolved our registration fees are dirt cheap, who wouldn't pay $10 for a well-written ebook? I'm sure J River would be happy to handle the distribution—just so they could be pay the author a $5 subsidy for every book sold to a registered user. It could be a great way to promote the program. Everybody wins!
Pages: [1]   Go Up