INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Not much has changed since 11  (Read 2561 times)

johnas

• Recent member
Not much has changed since 11
« on: June 06, 2009, 04:31:28 pm »

I think a majority of people bought MC primarily for audio....
My humble suggestion is if you want to sell more copies of this, or any other version, continue to make tangible improvements in the audio portion of the software. 

I bought versions 11 and 12 for audio playback only. Like you none of the problems I had ever got worked out. There has been no reason for me to upgrade, I actually didn't even really use 12, found 11 better.  I've moved on to something that better fits my needs (squeezebox), I suspect there are a lot more people out there like me.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2009, 04:51:40 pm »

I bought versions 11 and 12 for audio playback only. Like you none of the problems I had ever got worked out. There has been no reason for me to upgrade, I actually didn't even really use 12, found 11 better.  I've moved on to something that better fits my needs (squeezebox), I suspect there are a lot more people out there like me.

I just read your old posts going back three years.  Many were feature requests.  You had a FLAC problem that someone else later found a solution for.

If you're a DJ, take a look at the DJ's request thread.  VST support was implemented.  Multiple zones in Playing Now, maybe one or two other requests from that thread.

johnas

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2009, 07:22:06 pm »

I just read your old posts going back three years.  Many were feature requests.  You had a FLAC problem that someone else later found a solution for.

I was never really active in providing much feedback, but from the posts I just read here it looks like it wouldn't have mattered anyway. I stand by my point: not much has changed since 11 to make me want to upgrade for audio playback. I paid for an upgrade once on a special offer, won't be fooled again.

Your email with the upgrade offer brought me here, just providing some feedback.

JimH

• Administrator
Re: Not much has changed since 11
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2009, 07:44:19 pm »

Just in MC13, audio changes are:
WASAPI support for high quality playback on Vista and Win 7
Cover art auto lookup
Meta data -- see Link Bar below
Search suggestions
Stop after every track playback mode
Zones under Playing Now
VST
Speed
Interface tweaks

I'd like to understand why you think you were fooled.  Did we mis-represent it?

johnas

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2009, 08:07:11 pm »

I'd like to understand why you think you were fooled.  Did we mis-represent it?

Sorry I'll take back the fooled part, sounds harsh not trying to troll. I made the mistake of upgrading to 12 before seeing what the new features would be -  I won't do that again. Like I said, not using the product anymore, but hey maybe 14 will be a big improvement and I'll be back.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2009, 08:51:56 pm »

Sorry I'll take back the fooled part, sounds harsh not trying to troll. I made the mistake of upgrading to 12 before seeing what the new features would be -  I won't do that again. Like I said, not using the product anymore, but hey maybe 14 will be a big improvement and I'll be back.
Thanks.

hit_ny

• nothing more to say...
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2009, 12:47:59 am »

I've moved on to something that better fits my needs (squeezebox)

What needs would those be ?

Alexx

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Now I feel wonderful!
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2009, 08:19:00 am »

WASAPI support for high quality playback on Vista and Win 7
This alone is worth the price of three or four upgrades as far as I'm concerned.  Seamless integration, flawless execution, heavenly sound.

MC still won't scratch my back however. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up