INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Q: how can I generate a column that display the audio format (codec) ?  (Read 1469 times)

ShayB

• Junior Woodchuck

hi,

I noticed that MC13is sensitive to MP2 MP1 and other codecs (mainly crashes when doing audio analysis).

I would like to know for each file how it was encoded... is it possible?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?

hi,

I noticed that MC13is sensitive to MP2 MP1 and other codecs (mainly crashes when doing audio analysis).
Try reading about DirectShow in our Wiki and especially about CCCP.  You probably have a bad DS filter.

ShayB

• Junior Woodchuck

.. even for audio files?
I was talking about audio files that mp3tag recognized them as not mpeg I layer III...

my problem in MC13 is that after about 30 files, the audio analysis causes a crash. never happened in MC12.
the problem is in mp3 files (ape never  crashed the analysis in all MCs)

tried cleaning the tags. changed files location. changed from K-lite to CCCP codec. rebooted... no luck.

I did notice that MC13 is sensitive to path/file name locale chars. meaning french names causes MC13 to display an error when trying to clean tags.

My immediate problem are the audio-analysis crashes

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?

What build of MC13 are you using?  If not 13.0.171, try updating.

We've seen some bad MP3 files in the last two or three months.   Files with a megabyte of null characters at the beginning, for example.

See if you can isolate which files cause the problem.

ShayB

• Junior Woodchuck

What build of MC13 are you using?  If not 13.0.171, try updating.

We've seen some bad MP3 files in the last two or three months.   Files with a megabyte of null characters at the beginning, for example.

See if you can isolate which files cause the problem.

I am using 13.0.171
I couldn't find which files cause the problem because after the crash I continued to analyze the audio (not repeating what is already done) and the files passed (took me several crashes though)
I am using mp3tag 2.43, and dbpoweramp shell integration 13.1 to verify that the mp3gain didn't spoil the files and it looks ok.

Both MC13 and mp3gain are sensitive to the path+file name so if somewhere there are chars like
"Mon טmouvant amour" the file won't be dragged to mp3gain. also MC13 will fail trying to "clean" the tag ( it will say that the file either not exist or read only...)

when the crash happens I saw in the report there is a large section of stack info.

by the way there is a cosmetic bug in the audio analysis: when you set for 4 files at once upon ending when there are less then 4 files to complete the counter shows "X-4" finished. when all finished the counter fix itself.
Pages: [1]   Go Up