INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Songs deleted from playlists  (Read 2147 times)

greggd3

• Junior Woodchuck
Songs deleted from playlists
« on: June 07, 2009, 03:21:31 pm »

OK, this is my biggest complaint (possibly only complaint) what happens to cause songs to disappear from play lists?  I don't know how it happens but I'll make a great play list and then one day find that songs have been removed from it.  I am sure it was caused by some type of file maintenance.  How can I set MC13 so that songs cannot be removed from the play list even if they are somehow moved/removed from the drive.  Even if it leaves a note or reference saying the should be there but isn't, would still be OK.  Thanks for the help.   

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Songs deleted from playlists
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2009, 04:01:22 pm »

OK, this is my biggest complaint (possibly only complaint) what happens to cause songs to disappear from play lists?  I don't know how it happens but I'll make a great play list and then one day find that songs have been removed from it.  I am sure it was caused by some type of file maintenance.  How can I set MC13 so that songs cannot be removed from the play list even if they are somehow moved/removed from the drive.  Even if it leaves a note or reference saying the should be there but isn't, would still be OK.  Thanks for the help.   

Playlists are stored in the library.  They point to files on your hard drive.

Moving or renaming files outside of the player so that they're broken links in the library might cause the moved files to be removed from the library and playlist.  You might use the tools in the program to move files, or tell auto-import to watch the folder you move things to so that it can repair broken links.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

greggd3

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2009, 04:27:31 pm »

Is there a way to recover play lists that are still OK on my iPod? 

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2009, 04:30:30 pm »

Is there a way to recover play lists that are still OK on my iPod? 

You can sync files back from an iPod but not playlists.

You might be able to view a playlist on the iPod inside Media Center, Export Playlist from the File menu, then manually edit the playlist to point to local paths, and then import the playlist.  It would be a bit tedious.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

greggd3

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2009, 06:37:17 pm »

Thanks.

jack wallstreet

« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2009, 07:19:34 pm »

You can prevent this problem from happening (lost songs in a playlist) by turning off the option to automatically fix broken links (which  means (in part) - delete the file reference on the playlists).  There are threads that describe this.  Can't remember where the option is, but its there.
John

greggd3

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2009, 07:31:31 pm »

If I had backed up play lists previously, is there a way to import them so I can see the file names of the songs that are missing?   

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2009, 09:15:53 pm »

MC makes automatic backups.  You could try a restore.  It's under File...

greggd3

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2009, 09:44:13 pm »

That's great, worked fine.  Now I just have to bring them over from MC12 to MC 13 and refind the file locations.  Thanks!

Thanks also for the uncheck fix broken links idea, I am sure that is why I was losing files. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up