INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How to change the layout of the filelevel in Theater View? and other Questions?  (Read 3565 times)

gappie

• Citizen of the Universe

Q1: ive been trying several things, but i cant figure out how to change the layout at the last level in Theater View only. so where you get the rotating cover with the fileinfo underneath..
someone knows?

thanks
 :)
gab

gappie

Re: How to change the layout of the filelevel in Theater View?
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2009, 07:26:30 am »

Q2: is it possible to change the size of the rootroller letters, something that would make the letters as big as those from the toproller?

gab

gappie

Q3: in the "12 days" it was poosible to change the layout in Theater View for forinstance the image part only with making a seperate layout for images like:
Code: [Select]
<Layout Name="Images" Location="Images\***" >
this does not work in 13/14. is there something i should add or something else i should do to make a layout per rootitem?
or is it not possible anymore?

gab

gappie

Q4: in thv you can enter the name of the zone you are in: Item Text="[Zone]"
i would like to change the background image depending on the zone. now i tried to use a 'condition' but that did not work, i guess because my knowledge about xml is small.
does anybody have an idea?

gab

gappie

Q1: ive been trying several things, but i cant figure out how to change the layout at the last level in Theater View only. so where you get the rotating cover with the fileinfo underneath..
someone knows?

one of the things i thought that could work was using
Layout Name="Standard" Location="**"

followed by
Layout Name="StandardFL" Location="***" 

so with one * less. but it did not work..

any other ideas welcome  :)

gab

gappie

Q3: in the "12 days" it was poosible to change the layout in Theater View for forinstance the image part only with making a seperate layout for images like:
<Layout Name="Images" Location="Images\***" >
this does not work in 13/14. is there something i should add or something else i should do to make a layout per rootitem?
or is it not possible anymore?

gab

ok .. found this one for when somebody is interested:

<Layout Name="Images" Location="Media library\Images\***" >
gab

raym

• MC Beta Team

How on Earth did you work that out. Thanks!

Another one that bugs me is I can't get an image to change on the main menu as you cycle thru the options like it once used to. Any ideas?
RKM Smart Home - www.rkmsmarthome.com.au
Z-Wave Home Automation

gappie

How on Earth did you work that out. Thanks!

Another one that bugs me is I can't get an image to change on the main menu as you cycle thru the options like it once used to. Any ideas?
i was looking at the noire skin and the location at the top started with 'media library'. gave it a shot..

changing an image on cycling through the menu only seems to be possible when using base 1, the roller just dont seem to give back the [location] or something like that.. :(

gab

gappie

ok .. found this one for when somebody is interested:

<Layout Name="Images" Location="Media library\Images\***" >
gab
just when somebody tries to do this with categories. as far as i found it does not pick up categories. say you have the categorie
Vids
with under that: films, series etc as root library items.
the layout only recognizes the root items so: Location="Media library\Films\***"

finding this makes me curious if there is also a possebility to make a layout for the file level. and even the info panel.
for the info panel i would love to take the roller at the top away since its redundant  :P . would place the info roller in its place and frees up some real estate.

gab

gappie

finding this makes me curious if there is also a possebility to make a layout for the file level. and even the info panel.
thought i should bump this question. guess i tried everything i can think of.

as an additional question. does anybody know how to get a html page in the skin. and i mean in the xml file, not via options>thv>etc.

btw: i think the new vertical roller is an interesting new option. see attachment.

gab

marko

• MC Beta Team

Vertical Roller; interesting indeed. I like how that matches your East Side skin too.

Now, Mr Gappie, seeing as how you have a flying start with Theater View skinning, how about those "Tag" and "Delete" buttons... Is it possible to remove or otherwise disable those? They make me nervous!!

-marko

gappie

thanks marko,

its not only you who gets nervous seeing the delete button, the tag button is more harmless, but still. im fairly sure that it is not possible to remove those. there is no way (yet?) to change the rollers as far as i know.

gab

gappie

when skinning for thv is taken serious there need to be some more handles to use. now some items are reused at places that call for an other handle. why not put the images used in the skin so it would be possible to really make something. its all locked up to much.

gab

Daydream

You can say that again, in blinking pink maybe :).

The concept currently at work here with MC is rather backwards. There is an idea - let's say Obsidian - and then there's "let's make the program accept a skin on this idea". It's not the way it should be "allow skins, generically - then everybody get to bring new ideas to the table".

This may be a necessary change in perception, but until we get it across, as difficult as it may be to quantify it in returned profits (or whatever is the criteria JRiver judges things by), we're pretty much just warming up, on the sidelines.

And I can't help but point that there's an increasing gap between the guys that "see things", that dream orange while flying over Mars, and the guys that write the code, owning all the locks.

(and at this point if Jim & team don't see the green characters falling vertically in the background Matrix-style, I don't know when they will :D).

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?

However vivid your imagination may be, our work is limited by the time we have to spend on it.

I'm sorry if you feel poorly served.

gappie

The concept currently at work here with MC is rather backwards. There is an idea - let's say Obsidian - and then there's "let's make the program accept a skin on this idea". It's not the way it should be "allow skins, generically - then everybody get to bring new ideas to the table".
that is what i think that is happening. but i think it is a good way to make things going. it is just that it needs a second step, when everything is as planned. to make the new items available for skinning again, without strange doubling of features.

or just dont even pretend that it is possible to make a skin for Theater View.. now its a bit in between, and very frustrating when you try something, and the reason, i think, why there are enough new skins for standard view but only two ;) for Theater View. in for instance mc 12 there was enough possible, i just hope somewhere in the future it will be again.

gab

kurushi

I like you're skin Gappie!
Pages: [1]   Go Up