INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Choppy Audio on DVD Playback in MC14  (Read 1586 times)

suzieg

• Recent member
Choppy Audio on DVD Playback in MC14
« on: February 20, 2010, 01:17:10 pm »

I upgraded to MC14 a couple of weeks on two different computers and now when I try to play a DVD that I have successfully played before in either machine, I get choppy audio.  I am running mc 14.0.130 on a Dell Vostro 1400 with XP pro.  Originally, I was using Intervideo as the codec, but upon researching all of the threads I could find here, I uninstalled Intervideo and downloaded and installed CCCP which has made no difference. 

I have no experience with the apparently murky world of codecs, so I would love some help figuring out what has happened.

Below is the output from the primary machine where I watch DVDs.

Thanks,
Suzie

Filter Graph Info:

Filter 'Video Renderer'
        CLSID: {70E102B0-5556-11CE-97C0-00AA0055595A}
        Host: C:\WINDOWS\system32\quartz.dll
        Input Pin 'Input'
            Connected to pin 'Output' of filter 'Overlay Mixer'
            Major type MEDIATYPE_Video  Sub type MEDIASUBTYPE_Overlay, Format type FORMAT_VideoInfo

Filter 'DirectSound: SigmaTel Audio'
        CLSID: {79376820-07D0-11CF-A24D-0020AFD79767}
        Input Pin 'Audio Input pin (rendered)'
            Connected to pin 'Out' of filter 'ffdshow Audio Decoder'
            Major type MEDIATYPE_Audio  Sub type MEDIASUBTYPE_PCM, Format type FORMAT_WaveFormatEx

Filter 'ffdshow Audio Decoder'
        CLSID: {0F40E1E5-4F79-4988-B1A9-CC98794E6B55}
        Host: C:\Program Files\Combined Community Codec Pack\Filters\FFDShow\ffdshow.ax
        Output Pin 'Out'
            Connected to pin 'Audio Input pin (rendered)' of filter 'DirectSound: SigmaTel Audio'
            Major type MEDIATYPE_Audio  Sub type MEDIASUBTYPE_PCM, Format type FORMAT_WaveFormatEx
        Input Pin 'In'
            Connected to pin 'AC3' of filter 'DVD Navigator'
            Major type MEDIATYPE_DVD_ENCRYPTED_PACK  Sub type MEDIASUBTYPE_DOLBY_AC3, Format type FORMAT_WaveFormatEx

Filter 'Overlay Mixer'
        CLSID: {CD8743A1-3736-11D0-9E69-00C04FD7C15B}
        Host: C:\WINDOWS\system32\qdvd.dll
        Input Pin 'Input0'
            Connected to pin 'Output' of filter 'MPC - MPEG-2 Video Decoder (Gabest)'
            Major type MEDIATYPE_Video  Sub type MEDIASUBTYPE_YV12, Format type FORMAT_VideoInfo2
        Input Pin 'Input2'
            Connected to pin 'XForm Out' of filter 'Line 21 Decoder'
            Major type MEDIATYPE_Video  Sub type MEDIASUBTYPE_RGB32, Format type FORMAT_VideoInfo
        Input Pin 'Input3'
        Output Pin 'Output'
            Connected to pin 'Input' of filter 'Video Renderer'
            Major type MEDIATYPE_Video  Sub type MEDIASUBTYPE_Overlay, Format type FORMAT_VideoInfo

Filter 'Line 21 Decoder'
        CLSID: {6E8D4A20-310C-11D0-B79A-00AA003767A7}
        Input Pin 'XForm In'
            Connected to pin '~CC' of filter 'MPC - MPEG-2 Video Decoder (Gabest)'
            Major type MEDIATYPE_AUXLine21Data  Sub type MEDIASUBTYPE_Line21_GOPPacket, Format type FORMAT_None
        Output Pin 'XForm Out'
            Connected to pin 'Input2' of filter 'Overlay Mixer'
            Major type MEDIATYPE_Video  Sub type MEDIASUBTYPE_RGB32, Format type FORMAT_VideoInfo

Filter 'MPC - MPEG-2 Video Decoder (Gabest)'
        CLSID: {39F498AF-1A09-4275-B193-673B0BA3D478}
        Host: C:\Program Files\Combined Community Codec Pack\Filters\Mpeg2DecFilter.ax
        Input Pin 'Video'
            Connected to pin 'Video' of filter 'DVD Navigator'
            Major type MEDIATYPE_DVD_ENCRYPTED_PACK  Sub type MEDIASUBTYPE_MPEG2_VIDEO, Format type FORMAT_MPEG2_VIDEO
        Output Pin 'Output'
            Connected to pin 'Input0' of filter 'Overlay Mixer'
            Major type MEDIATYPE_Video  Sub type MEDIASUBTYPE_YV12, Format type FORMAT_VideoInfo2
        Input Pin 'SubPicture'
            Connected to pin 'SubPicture' of filter 'DVD Navigator'
            Major type MEDIATYPE_DVD_ENCRYPTED_PACK  Sub type MEDIASUBTYPE_DVD_SUBPICTURE, Format type FORMAT_MPEG2_VIDEO
        Output Pin '~CC'
            Connected to pin 'XForm In' of filter 'Line 21 Decoder'
            Major type MEDIATYPE_AUXLine21Data  Sub type MEDIASUBTYPE_Line21_GOPPacket, Format type FORMAT_None

Filter 'DVD Navigator'
        CLSID: {9B8C4620-2C1A-11D0-8493-00A02438AD48}
        Output Pin 'Video'
            Connected to pin 'Video' of filter 'MPC - MPEG-2 Video Decoder (Gabest)'
            Major type MEDIATYPE_DVD_ENCRYPTED_PACK  Sub type MEDIASUBTYPE_MPEG2_VIDEO, Format type FORMAT_MPEG2_VIDEO
        Output Pin 'AC3'
            Connected to pin 'In' of filter 'ffdshow Audio Decoder'
            Major type MEDIATYPE_DVD_ENCRYPTED_PACK  Sub type MEDIASUBTYPE_DOLBY_AC3, Format type FORMAT_WaveFormatEx
        Output Pin 'SubPicture'
            Connected to pin 'SubPicture' of filter 'MPC - MPEG-2 Video Decoder (Gabest)'
            Major type MEDIATYPE_DVD_ENCRYPTED_PACK  Sub type MEDIASUBTYPE_DVD_SUBPICTURE, Format type FORMAT_MPEG2_VIDEO

Hereis the output when I try using the ffdshow video decoder.  I still get choppy audio:
Filter Graph Info:

Filter 'Video Renderer'
        Input Pin 'Input'

Filter 'DirectSound: SigmaTel Audio'
            Connected to pin 'Out' of filter 'ffdshow Audio Decoder'

Filter 'ffdshow Audio Decoder'
        CLSID: {0F40E1E5-4F79-4988-B1A9-CC98794E6B55}
        Output Pin 'Out'
            Connected to pin 'Audio Input pin (rendered)' of filter 'DirectSound: SigmaTel Audio'
        Input Pin 'In'

Filter 'Overlay Mixer'
        Input Pin 'Input0'
            Connected to pin 'Out' of filter 'ffdshow Video Decoder'
        Input Pin 'Input2'
        Output Pin 'Output'

Filter 'ffdshow Video Decoder'
        CLSID: {04FE9017-F873-410E-871E-AB91661A4EF7}
        Input Pin 'In'
        Output Pin 'Out'
        Input Pin 'In Text'
        Input Pin 'In Text 2'

Filter 'DVD Navigator'
        Output Pin 'Video'
            Connected to pin 'In' of filter 'ffdshow Video Decoder'
        Output Pin 'AC3'
            Connected to pin 'In' of filter 'ffdshow Audio Decoder'
        Output Pin 'SubPicture'
            Connected to pin 'In Text' of filter 'ffdshow Video Decoder'

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Choppy Audio on DVD Playback in MC14
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2010, 02:50:05 pm »

Please try the build from the top of this forum.

suzieg

• Recent member
Re: Choppy Audio on DVD Playback in MC14
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2010, 12:17:06 pm »

Because I was determined to watch a movie on Saturday, I used Windows restore point to restore my machine to a point prior to MC 14 installation while keeping MC14 installed.  I was able to watch a DVD using MC 14.0.130 with good audio.  I did not change any of the codec settings.  I just left them where they were at the restore point.

Here is the Filter Graph info:

Filter Graph Info:

Filter 'Default DirectSound Device'
            Connected to pin 'XFrom Out' of filter 'InterVideo Audio Decoder'

Filter 'Video Renderer'
        Input Pin 'Input'

Filter 'InterVideo Audio Decoder'
        CLSID: {7E2E0DC1-31FD-11D2-9C21-00104B3801F6}
        Host: C:\Program Files\InterVideo\Common\Bin\iviaudio.ax
        Input Pin 'XForm In'
        Output Pin 'XFrom Out'
            Connected to pin 'Audio Input pin (rendered)' of filter 'Default DirectSound Device'

Filter 'Overlay Mixer'
        Input Pin 'Input0'
            Connected to pin 'Video Output' of filter 'InterVideo Video Decoder'
            Major type MEDIATYPE_Video  Sub type MEDIASUBTYPE_YUY2, Format type FORMAT_VideoInfo2
        Input Pin 'Input2'
            Connected to pin 'XForm Out' of filter 'Line 21 Decoder'
        Input Pin 'Input3'
            Connected to pin '~Subpicture Output' of filter 'InterVideo Video Decoder'
            Major type MEDIATYPE_Video  Sub type MEDIASUBTYPE_RGB32, Format type FORMAT_VideoInfo2
        Input Pin 'Input4'
        Output Pin 'Output'

Filter 'Line 21 Decoder'
        CLSID: {6E8D4A20-310C-11D0-B79A-00AA003767A7}
        Input Pin 'XForm In'
            Connected to pin '~Line21 Output' of filter 'InterVideo Video Decoder'
        Output Pin 'XForm Out'
            Connected to pin 'Input2' of filter 'Overlay Mixer'

Filter 'InterVideo Video Decoder'
        CLSID: {0246CA20-776D-11D2-8010-00104B9B8592}
        Host: C:\Program Files\InterVideo\Common\Bin\IVIVIDEO.ax
        Input Pin 'Video Input'
        Input Pin 'Subpicture Input'
        Output Pin 'Video Output'
            Major type MEDIATYPE_Video  Sub type MEDIASUBTYPE_YUY2, Format type FORMAT_VideoInfo2
        Output Pin '~Line21 Output'
            Connected to pin 'XForm In' of filter 'Line 21 Decoder'
        Output Pin '~Subpicture Output'
            Connected to pin 'Input3' of filter 'Overlay Mixer'
            Major type MEDIATYPE_Video  Sub type MEDIASUBTYPE_RGB32, Format type FORMAT_VideoInfo2

Filter 'DVD Navigator'
        Output Pin 'Video'
            Connected to pin 'Video Input' of filter 'InterVideo Video Decoder'
        Output Pin 'AC3'
            Connected to pin 'XForm In' of filter 'InterVideo Audio Decoder'
        Output Pin 'SubPicture'
            Connected to pin 'Subpicture Input' of filter 'InterVideo Video Decoder'

Now of more concern to me is that on my other Dell Vostro, I took your suggestion and installed the latest build of MC 14 from the top of this form.  As a result of installing that build, MC 14 completely crashes when I try to play a DVD.  When I try to play the DVD by starting MC 14 first and then, play the DVD from inside mC 14, the program freezes while excuting some kind of repetitive loop with the DVD drive.  I hear a repeptitive mechanical sound coming from the drive with no resolution.  If I try to play a DVD by inserting it in my DVD drive and then selecting MC 14 from the Windows prompt, MC 14 does not successfully boot and I get a black screen on my laptop.  Yikes!  Thankfully, my ability to play mp3s appears to be unaffected by all of this.

Please let me know what you would suggest.

Thanks,
Suzie
Pages: [1]   Go Up